AVIC411.com

Does the F Series still support 'detour'

On the D3 you can hit the screen and it says something like calculate a radius detour from this point, (with a list of ranges). I find this to be the most useful option for myself. My wife just got a Explorer with Sync and its Navigation does NOT have it and I'm surprised since it seems like such an obvious feature.

So I just want to make sure the F series still has it. Can you do it via voice commands, (like "calculate 1km detour" ??)

Just to clarify, (reading my post where I say "its says something like" might have caused some confusion)....

On the D3 it bring up the 'shortcuts' menu and one of them gives you the option to route around your current spot. A couple of pictures are worth a thousand words...

So, has this feature really been removed from all the F Series?

post-13577-12872754656441_thumb.jpg

post-13577-12872754658138_thumb.jpg

* Route a destination

* From the menu select "Destination"

* Click "Route Function" at the bottom

* On the next screen, select "Itinerary"

* Select one of the items on the itinerary (Did you know you can select them? I didn't!... Shocked)

* Select "Avoid" at the bottom right

Wow! Thats a lot to do while driving! Can you setup a shortcut to it (kinda like on the D3?) when you just hit the map screen and it bring up a button to go down into itinerary, (and you can hit avoid at that point)?

Thanks for the info BTW... I think I won't get this unit at this point :cry:

on this idea, when you click on the address you want, on the D3 you can have it in the settings to choose from multiple routes.

so it comes up with an okay or next and you can choose from which route you would prefer

does the F series off this as well??