AVIC411.com

Received the S1.

Well I got the avic S1 today. One problem the windshield mount is stiff and can't bend so when the avic s1 is mounted I can't even see the avic s1 good enough, anyone else have this problem? But so far it has been reliable, except one time it told me to turn left when it should have been to turn right.

Also I was driving and the map just went sort of blank and my arrow was in the middle of no where, but I managed to get it working ( I think I reset it or contintued driving) but why does it just knock me off the map into the middle of no where? I still see the path where I'm supposed to drive on the edge of the screen and I have to drive to it but whats the problem? Anyways it's a good device. I'll just have to use it more.

Also is there a update out yet? Thanks and God Bless.
[quote name="That_one_Guy"]Hey Soldier. I am glad you got your mount figured out. I was going to tell you that it is very stiff and you have to put some elbow into it, but now you know. Here is how I mounted mine. I used a Pro Fit cellular mount.

[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/614OH/untitled.jpg[/img][/quote]

Oh okay cool. How is the avic s1 working for you so far? It's going great for me. Left it out in the sun for a while and it got hot, the directions said not to leave it in the sun, it got hot, but it should be fine right? I don't won't it to bother the navigation accuracy.

Have you heard of the TMC kit? [url]http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=12663&taxonomy_id=25-38[/url]

But it's only in Eurpoe and other countries. I called pioneer and I don't think the U.S. will have it. Also international countries have this feature [url]https://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/shop/radar[/url]

But I like the avic s1, except when it tells me to turn left sometimes when it should be right. But my family tried it to Orlando and it worked fine. Also the s1 freezes sometimes, there needs to be a update for this.
hey guy's i sell that unit at work and clients love it...but it seem that it give you always the longest way..even in the menu we teyed shortest or longest ..it's the same.lol

i seen this on pionner

Our new slim, hand held navigation system [u]has 26 European countries [/u]already pre-installed and ready to use. Now, you can navigate 7 million kilometres, with access to 1.78 million Points of Interest, out of the palm of your hand.

european maps?true?

anybody have something cool that i should no ove?

by the way the rest of the feature are very good.and the bluetooth is very stable,un like the totom 700 another one i sell.....
[quote name="techker"]hey guy's i sell that unit at work and clients love it...but it seem that it give you always the longest way..even in the menu we teyed shortest or longest ..it's the same.lol

i seen this on pionner

Our new slim, hand held navigation system [u]has 26 European countries [/u]already pre-installed and ready to use. Now, you can navigate 7 million kilometres, with access to 1.78 million Points of Interest, out of the palm of your hand.

european maps?true?

anybody have something cool that i should no ove?

by the way the rest of the feature are very good.and the bluetooth is very stable,un like the totom 700 another one i sell.....[/quote]

Yeah! Why does it always take the longest route? I noticied that on some occasions? Is there maybe a update or firmware upgrade that can possibly fix this? Thanks and God Bless
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys!

Is it possible to make an image of the wince???
I was lucky enough to erase the whole system by the service menu!
It can be reinstall with the right version of winceimg.bin!
Already tryed with different other wince versions with No luck!
Only the the service menu is reachable on my gps and if You could send me an avic s1 image would be very greatful and lucky again!
I Promise to NOT try to experimenting with the service menu again!

THANXXXX!
I dont know if this will help, but Pioneer Europe released an updated firmware less than one month ago on their website. Since the OP already fux0red up his unit, try reflashing with this firmware, then load up the US Maps?

[url=http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVICS1.html]http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/suppo ... VICS1.html[/url]
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"]What does the avic s1 update do? I still haven't downloaded the european version of the update, just don't trust it, has anyone else down it?[/quote]

The only thing by this: "Last update, V1.01.14, contains improved processing speed for UK postal code search"