AVIC411.com

Al & Eds extend discount?

I wonder if they would be gracious enough to extend the discount due to the F series problems. I, like others Im sure, are hesitant to buy now since they are having a "recall" on these units. Im also having a very tough time deciding between the F90BT and the DNX8120. I am waiting to see how Pioneer handles these issues.

So, I wonder if anybody has, or could see if we could get them to extend that wonderful discount.

you know what I mean they had to send'em back to be updated. " :roll: "

They never had a second shipment to my knowledge. I ordered mine on the 10th and still never recieved my unit. It was right about the time that they had an order for another 100 F90BT's but pioneer never sent them because they were being notified of some problems. So to the best of my knowledge there was no recal from Al-Eds because they have had no units since early in the morning on June 10th. Pioneer never announced they wouldnt be sending the units Al-Eds asked for till this wednesday.

The discount is still available for another 10 days. I think they've been generous enough as it is... when somebody gives you something, it's kind of impolite to ask for more. Besides, there's bound to be more info about the bug fixes by the end of the month.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Al & Ed's is "giving" us anything. You still have to pay them almost a thousand dollars for a unit that seems to have many flaws at the moment. I think it's pretty fair to expect them to extend the discount being that they have not sold many units, because they have not received another shipment as I understand. And even if they don't extend it there are other authorized dealers selling them at a discount.

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, but they're not giving you anything. Their price is $984. You think they're not making a profit on that? That they're just giving people a good price out of the kindness of their hearts? Bottom line is $984 is coming out of the customers' pockets and Al and Ed's is not giving them any money. It may be listed as $1200 on Pioneer's website, but who pays MSRP on electronics anyways?

dpad84, you really are a fucking crying idiot. Yes they ARE giving the customers something, satisfaction and a savings of $200. You are just a whiney bitch who wants more than what is offered. Take you four fucking posts and leave this forum.

Al & Eds. thank you for what you have done for the members here. Most of us do appreciate it.

dpad84, you really are a fucking crying idiot. Yes they ARE giving the customers something, satisfaction and a savings of $200. You are just a whiney bitch who wants more than what is offered. Take you four fucking posts and leave this forum.

Al & Eds. thank you for what you have done for the members here. Most of us do appreciate it.

Wow very vulgar but i have to agree. 18% discount and free shipping is quite nice. Not to mention Travis from Al-Eds has been keeping me updated on the F90BT shipment even on saturday. Im a really impatient guy when it comes for spending so much money on a iten and not having it in my hands but Al-Eds customer service has been great thus far. Actually it has been exceptional.

It infact is a substantial discount. If you just go to there site, they are selling it at MSRP. They offer the discount to AVIC forum members with the discount code. Also the only other internet dealer that is advertising it is also selling it at MSRP as well as merchants on ebay. And people are buying them at MSRP. I applaud Al-Eds and would have my order in through them if Sonicelectronix wasn't paying for half of my unit through a store credit.

Wow, you guys are really an advertiser's dream. I can't believe they have you all buying into the idea that they are giving you $200. I never said it's not a good deal, and I never said anything about their customer service - I wouldn't know since I'm not a customer of Al and Ed's (they actually seem like a great company from what I've read on these forums). I do know that Pro Auto Sound in Santa Ana, Ca is selling it for the same discounted price, to everyone.

Also, I didn't start this thread. I never bitched or asked for anything. I was just commenting on the fact that somebody thought Al and Ed's was giving its customers $200, which is not true. By that logic, Wal-Mart would be the greatest, most generous company in the world, because it "gives" its customers money on pretty much everything it sells.