AVIC411.com

F series Blue Tooth questions

Hi, i just had my f700bt installed in my GTI and im experiencing the issue where the other end can't hear you clear with static noises in the background.

So for the people whos BT is working, can you please post the software driver # along with where you installed your mic and what vehical it is installed in? thanks

So I ran a couple tests on my f700 with similr issues with bluetooth. When I am completely stopped and the car is not moving the bluetooth sounds great. When the car is moving that is when everyone complains of bluetooth "noise". My guess is that it is not able to filter the "sounds of the road". The vehicle I drive is a relatively new car, so I know I don't have sounds beyond the norm. Pioneer need to come up with a fix.....better mic.....better filtering...something. I mean the unit is nearly $1000, and it should sound better than my $50 BT headpiece..

I did some testing today myself, I get major issues even when the car isn't moving. It seems to switch between them not hearing me when moving to I can't hear them when the car is not moving. I would describe it as a muffled, digital garbled sound. I am using a motorola k1m.

I have the f900. Using a TMobile HTC Dash. Haven't had any problems. Even while driving on the highway. Used it many times talking to my wife and the boss. Only complaint was the first day, from my wife. She said I sounded "nasal." Could have just been my sinuses... :roll:

Other than that, no one has even noticed I was hands free.

My car is pretty noisy as well.

Works great for bluetooth. I've never heard any bluetooth device sound as clear as a good wired headset.

Also, not all bluetooth software in cell pohones is created equally. Some phones may work fine with one device, and totally suck with another.

My BlackBerry 8830 worked flawlessly in my stock IS250 w/BT. Now I have an Xterra and a 700bt, and seen 2 calls so far. They were both horrid and the person on the other end couldn't understand me. We need to diagnose the problem first and then maybe come up with a temp solution until a firmware update. I keep hearing differing stories...

Bluetooth is almost unuseable at this point as all I get are complaints or static or tons of backround noise.

My cheap Jabra bluetooth works better with me driving down the freeway at 80 with the windows down than the F90 at a stop with the windows up.

Blackberry 8830 is the phone.

Ive been looking around for a better microphone but there isnt much to choose from. Id imagine with bluetooth being so commonplace now that most wired cellular mics have fallen by the wayside.

Shure used to make an awesome one that attached to your seatbelt but looking at their website, it looks like it's long gone.

Trust me, unless your trying to get a different mic for another reason, get it simply to make the bluetooth work or work better rather it's not a Microphone issue, unless of course you damaged yours.

The problem is in the device itself or rather the blue tooth software revision that is in the device.

The way you can tell if your mic is bad, try out the voice recognition. Use it with your ipod etc or try to make a call by using the "call ###-###-####

If it can pick up those commands and understand you properly but with bluetooth voice calls the person you're calling can't hear you, there is your proof.

I've said it a few times, blue tooth was very flakey and unreliable until I did a software update on my phone.

So, try that as well.

Just my understanding of the situation, hope it helps.

this has already been covered, but since i'm a nice guy, i'll tell you from my Z-series experience what worked for me.

here's the link to the other thread that you would've found if you would've searched.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15732

I have a Z2 and it was notorious for mic problems. A few things that helped up in the Z-series forums were:

1) when pairing the phone, make sure the volume is turned less than 1/2 way on the phone

2) set your output to come from the left side only

3) dont turn the output for the voice very high, it can ricochet off the other door and into the mic, causing an echo for the caller on the other end.

Try these things and if they dont work, dig around the Z-series forums. Alot of things were tried and there's plenty of info there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just soldered a 2.5mm TS connector onto a motorola mic from one of their bluetooth kits(I work at a cell place, we had some old ones lying around) and it sounds great now. I can confirm that my issues were with the actual mic and not the bluetooth or the head unit. I have an F700 btw.

I just soldered a 2.5mm TS connector onto a motorola mic from one of their bluetooth kits(I work at a cell place, we had some old ones lying around) and it sounds great now. I can confirm that my issues were with the actual mic and not the bluetooth or the head unit. I have an F700 btw.

Hmm. I'd be afraid to screw mine up...just two wires to solder? How much for the part to the general public?