AVIC411.com

My Sirius Sattelitte Backseat TV installed with Pics

I finally installed my Sirius Satelitte backseat Tv in today in my Cadillac Escalade. Here are some pics. I like it alot, too bad not more channels. Anybody know if they plan on adding more, maybe a news, or sports network would be good. I have it hooked up to my Z and D3. I have both D3 and Z in my front console. I have had no signal problems either.

If anybody needs a Sirius Backseat T.V unit let me know I can get them pretty cheap.

186663838_983075.gif

Glitter Graphics

186664683_847125.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

186659451_617489.gif

Make your own Glitter Graphics

186666050_262913.gif

Glitter Graphics

186668223_543661.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

186669682_315881.gif

Create cool Profile Comments

186670749_1034736.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

Last is pics of my Pioneer set up under my back seat. The new Amp rack will be built early next week.

186674763_70449.gif

Build your own Blingee

A friend of mine works for The Speed Channel in the production side. A few weeks ago he told me if the XM/Sirrus Merger was successful, he heard Sirrus planned to add approx 50 + channels to its video products. He said they planned to use MP4 digital delivery to the car via special receivers. He does not have any information regarding programing but I would bet Nascar Racing, Football, Basketball are on the top of the list. If this pans out, i'll be signing up.

Questions about your video receiver, how many channels can it receive? How is the picture quality? Can you get video on the front main monitor if system is bypassed? Your install looks good. Thanks for posting.

THE PICS ABOVE ARE RAN THROUGH MY FRONT MONITORS. I have a Z1 and D3 up front. The picture quality is crystal clear. There are currently 3 channels. There is Nickelodian, Cartoon Network, and the Disney Channel. Its only 6.99 a month added on to my Sirius I already have through my pioneer SIR-PNR2. The Backseat TV has its own remote with infared eye to change channels. There are buttons on the remote that do not have a function at the moment, so I AM anticipating there will be more channels added in the future. I cant wait until that happens. I only paid 249 for the unit. Installation took 30 minutes, and activation took less than 2 minutes with a pre-existing Sirius account.

It also has a small Sirius radio LCD radio unit like you see in best buy, that people usually FM modulate but since I had it already had it intergrated in my Pioneer I just hid that part behind my console. It comes with a fm modulator, and it has audio out if you dont use the modulator. i will probably hook up the audio wires to a infared sensor and give other passengers the option to listen to sirius via wireless headphones and not listen to what I am listening to. They could control that sirius unit themselves too. I will just mount the LCD unit in the back. That has a remote also.

All these gadgets have turned my truck into antenna land heres the list:

1. Factory XM on roof of Escalade

2. Pioneer GPS

3. Pioneer XM

4. Pioneer Sirius

5. Sirius Backseat TV has 2 antennas

6. Lets not forget the classic factory stick FM antenna

Total antennas-7

Now here is a pic of the backseat TV module and wiring diagram:

(its actually smaller than the SIR-PNR2)

186842024_532483.gif

Myspace Glitter Graphics

186842726_473251.gif

Make custom Glitter Graphics

186843386_843826.gif

Create cool Profile Comments

I did some research last night and they are a little tight lipped but there definitly looks to be plans to add many more channels to this backseat tv service. Hopefully the Sirius/XM merger comes along soon. They may be your next big stattelite cable tv provider.

I have been waiting for this for over a year. As soon as they add more channels I will definitely be hopping on board. I just wish Pioneer would support XM's NavWeather service in their AVIC's. That would be awesome for long road trips!

I did some research last night and they are a little tight lipped but there definitly looks to be plans to add many more channels to this backseat tv service. Hopefully the Sirius/XM merger comes along soon. They may be your next big stattelite cable tv provider.

with MP4, I dont think they can get good pic quality with the larger TV screens. It will depend on how much bandwidth they use. I would suspect they will try to use as much bandwidth possible which will mean we are going to be stuck with the smaller screens.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...