AVIC411.com

AVIC-F900BT graphics

Yeah, I realized that after I posted them. I just assumed it was from an F-series because it was on the F-series board. But then I looked closer at the pics and saw that it wasn't. But anyway, I've seen no mention of the vehicle dynamics screen in the manual so I assume there isn't one.

As for the gyro part, I've heard from a couple places that the 900 and 90 units have gyros in them while the 500 and 700 units don't. I guess, though, that there is no way to be sure unless it's mentioned in the specifications section of the manual (I don't think it would be in there even if it did have them, though), somebody asks Pioneer about it, or somebody takes a unit apart and actually looks for them.

If I had to guess, based on how it compares to the Z2 in turns, it doesn't have a gyro. My Z2 picks up on the slightest turn, and the arrow accurately follows the vehicle's direction through the turn. The 900 arrow doesn't even start turning until I've already completed the turn. In some cases, on a curved intersection, the arrow turns before the vehicle does...

It doesn't make a huge difference either way... I was always impressed with how accurate the Z2 was through turns and tunnels. It won't bother me one way or the other if the 900 has a gyro.

Dave

According to Pioneer, the F900 has -

Multiple sensors to ensure accurate positioning in areas where GPS signals may be weak (in tunnels or in built-up cities, for example).

We know the F900 has a speed pulse wire, but in order to navigate when the GPS signal drops out, it must have a gyro as well - surely a speed sensor alone would be useless as the unit has no idea when you're changing direction?