AVIC411.com

Undestanding and setting your Pioneer's EQ - Lets talk sound

I have been installing car stereos for a long time but never really have gotten into the tecnical EQ phase of the trade. I want to set my EQ in my truck to sound perfect but cant seem to get the best sound I want. here is what i have in my truck. (2003 Cadillac Escalade)

Pioneer Z1 and D3---Z1 is master unit

Pioneer TS-D1720C Componants w/ 2 external crossovers- Front

Kicker- KS5250 -Rear Doors

Amps

Pioneer GM-6300F 600W X 4

Pioneer GM-7400 800W X 2

Kicker 10" L7 I am adding 2 more L7 12"s

What I really want to understand is the EQ itself and what every frequency controls and what it does. I see the high mid and low, but dont understand the HZ's or whatever else is on it. Can anyone breakdown the Pioneer EQ. I want clear crisp sound. Good mids, and nice tight bass. Also on the amp what should I have the settings at on both the 4 channel amp and the 2 channel amp. Or if anyone has a link to help me with improving my knowledge of setting the system to perform the way I want for all the money I have spent.

Also what is the HPF or whatever its was Im not at my truck right now, also i see narrow 1, 2 and wide 1, 2. What does that stuff do?