AVIC411.com

Is this a Double DIN on an 08' Suburban?

I didnt realize how many GMT-900 owners were on the forum. Does anyone have any pics of a new f series in a 07 or 08? What kind of harness(es) did anyone use? PAC, peripheral, axxess, scosche?

For the Z3 install into my 08 Av, I needed a PAC SWI-PS to keep the steering wheel controls, and Metra's GMOS LAN 02 interface to tap into the Av's system to retain OnStar, Chimes, and all other integration stuff (including the VSS and reverse wires, no need to hunt those down and tap into them), and because it uses RCA plugs and the AVIC Z3 does too for the pre-outs (one less thing to splice). I am also using the stock amp and sub for now (new Pioneers in the doors though). Still, pretty deep install for me (put a Pio XM unit and the Pio Bluetooth unit in at the same time, plus I tied in my rear headrest DVD players/monitors while I was at it.) Lotsa wires, lotsa swearing. Got er done though.

Yeah, a double DIN unit will fit. That headphone jack isn't really at the seam. The trim ring/bezel there is all part of the radio. Once you take the stock radio out, you'll need a new trim kit to fill the gap.

Thanks, that was the answer I thought it would be. The bezel would need to be replaced from the factory one. Trying to get an 08' Suburban at a good price as nobody wants the big SUV's anymore. Problem is I have an 03' trying to trade, dealers don't want to give you much for them on trade. Catch 22.