AVIC411.com

A little video demo of startup and video of BT working.

My F900BT, shows it starting up and the sort of real world time frame your looking at. Also the functionality or lack there of for the first few minutes after you turn your car on.

I did notice now that my phone connected around 2 min mark, I just didn't realize it. I was too busy talking!

I have another one showing blue tooth working here is the link to that:

Thanks for the video. It actually was very helpful to see that in video form instead of just reading about it. From your post and your video you seem pretty disappointed. Are you going to return it, or do the rest of the functions make up for the slow start-up, and do you think it's worth waiting for a patch?

Thanks again

Well, ill be honest when the bluetooth wasn't working at all, it was kind of a deal breaker.

I didn't go from a factory cd player to the F series, I went from the d3, so I was already spoiled with these sort of features, I have to admit this thing, even with its bugs blows me away.

Overall the unit does work and it is functional, but there are some serious issues I hope they will fix, in all honesty though if they do not fix them I wouldn't recommend it.

The things I like are as follows.

I love the 3d interface with the navigation, when you select the detailed information in the lower left corner of the map (distance and time to destination,) it actually gives you this huge detailed screen whcih is extremely nice.

Also, the HUGE amount of options and features is very cool.

I love the voice dialing, and it does actually work pretty well. Say, call this number and what do you know it works great and is very accurate.

I guess no device can be perfect, but if they are going to tout features, they need to work well or its just a paper feature.

Overall I have to say I am extremely impressed overall. Will I return it? I bought it from crutchfield and they are extremely friendly on this sort of thing. So I guess I can live with the bugs if they are coming out with a patch, so I plan on waiting say a month and see hwo I feel. If no patch is out yet, then I will go ahead and return it reinstall my D3 and wait for there to be a fix, then reorder it.

In regards to the startup time, the MOST frustrating thing is, lets say your sitting there with your car in ACC right, listening to your system.

Now turn the car on, guess what happens? YOU GET TO WAIT a full minute once again for it to restart from scratch!

FWIW, your phone was connected at 1m 45s.. Still not very quick, but better than the 3m 15s you indicated at the end of the vid. :)

Thank you very much for sharing it! I can't wait to see if the expected firmware update fixes the known issues and speeds things up.

pat----

Yeah my bad I missed the little notice on the screen at around 2 mins.

I should of done it a little more planned out but I was winging it.

I will do a better job and post something a little bit more organized and fluid.

Thanks for pointing that out though!!

Ugh. That's really disappointing. I gave up watching the video at 1:45 and think I'd go crazy if I had to wait that long every day before the unit was ready to go.

I sold my D3 a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of a 90BT, but can't pull the trigger after reading (and seeing) things like this. I'm not sure if I'll wait for an update or look more seriously at Kenwood's offerings.

I already love the Garmin nav that Kenwood incorporates. The D3's ugly and hard-to-use nav was what caused me to sell the D3 in the first place. The nav in the F series looks better, but it's not enough to overlook all the other issues early adopters have reported.