AVIC411.com

Bypass and mute wire

Can anyone tell me what this mute wire is for and if it will or will not change anything in the navi bypass? I'm new here and any help will be most appreciated. My F900BT will be here Tuesday. Also, this is off topic but I want to keep my steering wheel controls on my 2008 Altima Coupe (None Bose) so can anyone direct me to the right place to find out how to do this with my HU? This is a really cool site and there is lots of info on here.

Can anyone tell me what this mute wire is for and if it will or will not change anything in the navi bypass? I'm new here and any help will be most appreciated. My F900BT will be here Tuesday. Also, this is off topic but I want to keep my steering wheel controls on my 2008 Altima Coupe (None Bose) so can anyone direct me to the right place to find out how to do this with my HU? This is a really cool site and there is lots of info on here.

you need the mute wire to complete the bypass... the parking brake only makes the unit think the brake is up to unlock it...the mute wire stops it from knowing your in motion. so if you didnt ground the mute wire (obviously after moving it to its correct spot) then it would be unlocked and as soon as u started moving your unit would say "hey wait a minute!!" and lock you out.

as for the controls, some1 else can take care of that i have no idea, nor did i see an adaptor input anywhere on the unit.

• 3 weeks later...

No. It will not enable video playback from the new ipods nor will it allow the 700's CD drive to magically play DVD's... It is to defeat/bypass the function that locks out access to video functions and navigation routing while the vehicle is in motion.

don't mean to sound dumbm but what other video play back is there? the only way i would know to get video play back is movies from the i=pod, and or the sd card. so your saying i still will not be baly to watch dvd from the ipod. if that is the case should i buy a dvd player and set that up through the avic-f700bt? thanks again

don't mean to sound dumbm but what other video play back is there? the only way i would know to get video play back is movies from the i=pod, and or the sd card. so your saying i still will not be baly to watch dvd from the ipod. if that is the case should i buy a dvd player and set that up through the avic-f700bt? thanks again

With the 700 you can play video from an ipod (provided it's an OLDER GENERATION ipod, not the new ipod classic, ipod touch, or iphone), a CD with video files on it, an SD card, or the USB input.

ANY video capable ipod that is NOT the current generation will play video on the F-series.

I have the F900BT and I need to get an Ipod classic - are you saying that the new ones will not be fully functional with the unit? I really want the voice control to work. If I'm going to get an iPod - should I choose from the Pioneer supported ones or is there some specific iPods that work best?

Earlier question regarding steering wheel controls - I went with the Pac Audio SWI-CAN/SWI-PS (Mercedes C class) - works great with the unit - track up/down, mute, volume up & down. I would like to see if I can program the voice prompt so that I do not have to touch the unit.

One other side note - CD changers do not work with the FSeries - I guess they are a thing of the past.

I have the F900BT and I need to get an Ipod classic - are you saying that the new ones will not be fully functional with the unit? I really want the voice control to work. If I'm going to get an iPod - should I choose from the Pioneer supported ones or is there some specific iPods that work best?

The new ipods will only play audio using the Pioneer interface. If you are only playing audio. ANY ipod, even the new ones, will work fine. Yes, you can use the voice recognition with them as well, because the voice recognition only works with audio sources.

If you want to play video from the ipod using the interface on the F900, you will have to buy an older ipod. If you buy a new ipod, you can still play video, you just have to buy the $50 Apple brand ipod video out cable and hook it to the AV inputs on the F900, and you will have to control the ipod from the ipod itself to watch videos.

And yeah... CD changers are pretty much a thing of the past, given every head unit these days lets you play MP3 CD's or DVD's, where on just one CD-R you can hold more music then even a 12 disk changer full of audio CD's can hold.

ANY video capable ipod that is NOT the current generation will play video on the F-series.

Earlier question regarding steering wheel controls - I went with the Pac Audio SWI-CAN/SWI-PS (Mercedes C class) - works great with the unit - track up/down, mute, volume up & down. I would like to see if I can program the voice prompt so that I do not have to touch the unit.

One other side note - CD changers do not work with the FSeries - I guess they are a thing of the past.

I had an iPod Touch. Music and voice control worked w/o issues. Video didn't work at all. It's in the Owner's Manual and on the web if you look, but not advertised well. The basic F-series adverts listed iPod Touch.

Soooo, I sold my Touch and bought a Classic. And EVERYTHING works like a charm. Video, music, VR.

If you buy a Classic with the F-series it will work. However, once you start getting greedy with all those Gigabytes, your load time goes up like crazy!! :wink: