AVIC411.com

Navigavtion acting weird on D3.

easy fix, just turn your antenna around :lol::lol: ....er-hem....just kidding guys...rly bored at work.

Why I adda!!!!! :twisted:

I was really wondering if it mattered which way the antenna was facing, but i guess it doesn't matter. :D

I got your humor, hence the "Why I adda." :D

HiFiSi, yes I have reset it several times.

What are some of the things that might cause the unit to think it is going a difference direction?

Does the unit have internal gyros or does it work soley on satellite signals?

I got your humor, hence the "Why I adda." :D

HiFiSi, yes I have reset it several times.

What are some of the things that might cause the unit to think it is going a difference direction?

Does the unit have internal gyros or does it work soley on satellite signals?

i dont think gyros would do that since they only sense speed, not direction.

If it comes down to it, you could try replacing the antenna. If the antenna cable got pinched or broken somewhere, while it was in or being removed from the other vehicle or during your installation, it might not be sending a good signal to the receiver.

YES we have success!!!

The problem was that it was in 3D Hybrid calibration mode.

My brother truck had the VSS wire in the harness and I remember reading in the manual that you had to have that wire to be in 3D hybrid mode.

My bro realized that could be cleared and the unit went into simple hybrid mode…boom after a few traveled miles it is balls on accurate!!

Put that one in the memory banks fellas incase someone else has a similar problem.

YES we have success!!!

My brother truck had the VSS wire in the harness and I remember reading in the manual that you had to have that wire to be in 3D hybrid mode.

My bro realized that could be cleared and the unit went into simple hybrid mode…boom after a few traveled miles it is balls on accurate!!

Put that one in the memory banks fellas incase someone else has a similar problem.

Lol balls on accurate... that's funny. I am glad you figured out your problem. I remember doing the same with my D3. It works really good now. Enjoy!

That's what I meant by resetting the unit. To clear out all the info it gathered from calibrating itself to the other vehicle.

Do you mean with the reset button?

If so I reset it many times, both with the key off and in the acc postion.

I also set it back to factory from inside the menu options, It never cleared the calibration information.

Yes Balls on accurate. :D

I guess I should have been more accurate, lol.

If you go to the 3D calibration screen, you can clear the three values individually (distance, Speed pulse, and learning status) by touching the corresponding button and hitting CLEAR.

I wish you would have told me that two days ago, that would have saved me a lot of grief...LOL. :lol:

I thought you were talking about the reset button.

We finally figured out lastnight how to clear those values out as you mentioned.

No biggy it is all good now, thanks for the help. 8)

YES we have success!!!

Wow...I said to do that in the tenth post of this thread.....2 days ago

Glad everything worked out...

Wow...I said to do that in the tenth post of this thread.....2 days ago

Glad everything worked out...

LOL ya your post never showed.

I that showed was you quoting me.

I got the VSS wire hooked up tonight, now everything is complete.