AVIC411.com

Turning off iPod VR Catalog Mode...

I too tested this and mine will boot up in 4 minutes with 17,000 songs. Its a bit annoying since I have to reach over into the glovebox and make sure its un-connected from that last power off.

I found that if you don't care about the VR, then shut it off and use it like on the D3, then boot time is about 2 minutes for the whole deck.

oh without a doubt its annoying but if you really want to use the VR (like jason said, its alot easier when driving stick) it takes a fraction of the time to plug it in after startup

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a problem with the unit getting stuck in the cataloging mode? When I first installed it I had the same issues everyone else does (long catalog period if connected from the start, shorter if connected after booting).

Now it just sits in the "iPod control may be limited" mode for as long as I keep the iPod connected. I've tried a reset, and that didn't do anything. I've tried two 2G iPhones and my 3G and they all have the same problem, so I'm pretty sure it's my F700.

Yep, I originally used that trick to cut down on the cataloging time, but now it doesn't matter when the iPod is connected.

Keep in mind that this is a an iPhone with only 6GB of data, so it's not like a completely full 180GB Classic that will take forever.

Originally, when plugging it in after boot-up was complete, it took maybe three minutes to fully catalog.

I've got a 4GB Nano I'll try later, but after using three different phones, I'm not expecting much.