AVIC411.com

Turning off iPod VR Catalog Mode...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...

Oh... you meant syncing with the VR catalog on the AVIC and not syncing with Itunes... Well the only thing that will happen if you interrupt that is the voice recognition won't work right.

So...

Does it have to catalogue the iPod on every startup? I usually keep mine hooked up 24/7 unless I am adding music to it.

Also...

If you turn off the VR Cataloging, can you still use voice on other things such as the bluetooth? If its off, can you still use the iPod like it is setup on the D3?

Thanks...

So...

Does it have to catalogue the iPod on every startup? I usually keep mine hooked up 24/7 unless I am adding music to it.

Also...

If you turn off the VR Cataloging, can you still use voice on other things such as the bluetooth? If its off, can you still use the iPod like it is setup on the D3?

Thanks...

i was jus playin wit this before..if vr catalogue is off, u cant say "play artist Bon Jovi" but u can do "change source to FM" and other bluetooth voice commands.. the VR catalogue to my understand is strictly to do voice commands for the ipod itself

So as long as I keep the iPod connected, it wont have to catalog each time I turn on my truck... it will retain the VR catalog...

Is that correct? :?

i really dont know. i read other ppl complaining about that so my guess it that it hasta catalog each time it turns on and that its a bug that pioneer might fix cz theres no reason it should hafta catalog twice in a row if you didnt change anything.

I'm sure it does catalog the phone book. But you have to remember, the phone book is nothing more than a bunch of text, I doubt it's even a kilobyte worth of information. It probably takes a second or less for it to go through it.

Phonebook is only updated when you initiate a "phonebook transfer."

You can change every contact in your phone and the f-series won't know until you manually update the contacts in it. Found that out already.

but everytime you tranfer does it overwrite the old phone book or after a while will u end up with liek 10 of the same john smiths, because it jus re-adds ur PB?

It would be perfect if you only had to run VR Catalog once. However, I let it scan once, and then turn it off, the voice activation forgets everything. For now, I think you have to leave VR Catalog on if you want control of ipod voice controls. Hopefully a firmware update fixes this issue.

It would be perfect if you only had to run VR Catalog once. However, I let it scan once, and then turn it off, the voice activation forgets everything. For now, I think you have to leave VR Catalog on if you want control of ipod voice controls. Hopefully a firmware update fixes this issue.

it would be perfect but wouldnt make sense....how would u expect it to kno the new awrtists u put on if the deck didnt satalogue them.

an ideal method for it would be to have it scan ur ipod in like 5 seconds to chec for any new material and if it finds something, THEN catalogue. but if theres nothing new why hafta memorize everything again, its just a waste of precious time u can use saying "play artist whitney houston" (and no i dont listen to whitney houston, full metalhead right here \m/ >.< \m/ )