AVIC411.com

Hi Everyone,

Since no mods have moved the topics into the forums for us, I'm going to start this up.

Here we can post any updates we get about the Re-Release of the AVIC-F.

Today i spoke to Pioneer and Al & Eds. The ETA for the re-release is unknow, but they don't expect it to be finished for another week atleast :shock: . They said most likely it will be 2 weeks though untill they have it fixed and start updating the units to be shipped.

So for those awaiting to hear they shipped out...Sorry...it looks like we have some more time to wait. :x

OLD NEWS:

To Our AVICF90BT Customers:

We just got out of a meeting with Pioneer. They informed us that they are aware of some of the issues that have surfaced with the AVICF90BT and are working on a solution. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes when a whole new product platform is introduced. They will not ship the new units out until they are updated. We should get a new ship date from Pioneer by Friday. We will update you as soon as we here from Pioneer.

If you recently received an AVIC90BT from us we will either send you a software update to fix the issues or exchange the unit, depending on what Pioneer finds. If we need to do an exchange, it will need to be done within 30 days of the date of purchase. Since you have time before we get close to the 30 Day mark, keep using your unit until you here from us.

If you do not want to wait for an updated unit, keep in mind that any AVIC90BT's that you may see floating around out there are the original units, not the newer, updated units, so they will have issues. Some of the dealers out there with the AVIC90BT in stock are unauthorized dealers. If you purchase from an unauthorized Pioneer dealer, you will not be able to get the updated software or an exchange unit from Pioneer if that what it takes to fix the issues.

We will be contacting you again soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Al-Eds.com

So the shipment that would be expected this week or next as I was told is incorrect?
As of late Friday afternoon yes. An email was send out by the website to all customers who purchased an AVICF90BT informing them of the delay on Friday. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of Pioneer and when they release the product, and the moment it comes in back orders will be filled.

Related Thread: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 97&start=0

Let's hope this is fixed soon!!! But as i have said before...the fact that they stopped shipping them (which means they are making no sales) is a good sign we will get the fix much faster than if they worked on a fix while still shipping bad units.

If you hear any updates, POST THEM HERE...THANKS!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also:

What they need US to do:

Submit problems in a helpful format, such as JasonH provided, the issues we are experiencing.

Submit them here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16047

OR they said to call them directly: 800-421-1404...ask for Navigation Department. Then tell them your issueS.

The more input they get, the more fixes we hopefully will see.

Heres an update email from Al-Eds for those who are waiting.

To our Pioneer AVIC Customers:

We have been waiting to hear a more definitive answer from Pioneer on the release of the AVIC90BT and AVIC500BT, but at this time, Pioneer has not been able to give us a new ETA. Their engineers are working feverishly to make sure everything works as expected before they release the new units. We do apologize for the delays and lack of a concrete ship date.

Some of you have inquired as to what alternative units we have. For those of you that do not want to wait any longer, we put together a package just for the AVIC411 users that have been so patiently waiting for their AVIC orders. We have created packages exclusively for you using Kenwood's latest GPS receivers:

Kenwood DNX5120 DVD/GPS receiver

KCABT200 Bluetooth adapter [bluetooth by Parrot]

Plus an iPod video adapter

Our regular price is 1089.97 – Your special price would be $879.99. We have these packages in stock right now.

We also put together package deals for you on the Kenwood DNX7120 with Bluetooth and iPod cable at $1189.99 and DDX812/KNAG510.DVD/GPS package with iPod cable and built-in Bluetooth for $1229.99. These are also in stock right now.

The packages above will be available to you as long as we have the products in stock or June 30, which ever comes first.

If you would like to change your AVIC order to one of the Kenwood packages above please email us or call us at 888-900-8800 and we will be happy to help.

For those of you that want to continue to wait, we do apologize for the delays on the Pioneer AVIC units. As soon as we hear any news from Pioneer, we will share it with you. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks you

al-eds.com Customer Service.

--

Thanks

Travis Hinkle

This is all very comical if you ask me. I find it absolutely rediculous they expect that everyone will get these units in a couple of weeks. Call me crazy... but I know a thing about Contract Manufacturing considering I'm a PM for a electronics company that uses CMs. My previous endeavors involve software QA... so draw your own conclusions.

Lets say for example they get this update completed by Friday th 27th. They would have to mobilize at their CM and unpack and resetup their entire production since they are halting all shipments.

Best case scenario is they are not updating the current units and are simply manufacturing updated units first to satisfy demand. This would be followed by updating the current units. Assuming they are doing this in China (who doesn't nowadays), they will have to drop ship them. Best they can hope for is Air Drop Shipping. Now this costs ALOT of money to do this. Which is why people have JIT (Just in Time) inventory tracking/managment.

Tho the above example would be a best case scenario... I highly doubt it.

My guess is that it will take at least 2 weeks after the update is complete for them to be able to ship units and have them arrive in stores.

This is of course assuming that the software fix doesnt sit in test for validation/certification for days on end. One has to wonder if they even have such a QA department considering the amount of bugs that were present. The long load times should have been a showstopper in the first place thus forcing them to update the software before release... one has to wonder whats going on over there.

Anyone that realistically thinks they will have their updated units in 2 weeks is either hoping for the best or has a presciption for glaucoma.

Well, I took the offer from Al & Eds and got a Kenwood ddx812/gna510G package and I'm very pleased. It has a larger screen - the resolution spec is not quite the avic-f, but I really don't think it makes a difference. The screen is bright and I like the cool motorized tilt. The Garmin nav is great. I am used to Garmin as I had a portable unit before. I was concerned that I should have gone for a dnx8120, which has the nav built in, but installing it was easy and it's small enough to find a good spot.

Hey, it's almost July. Who knows when Pioneer will get it together. The Kenwood even comes with dash adapters, though I got a double din already made for my car. And a printed user manual. I'm not a salesman or a Kenwood rep. I'm just an end user. Pioneer dropped the ball. Thanks to the guys at Al & Eds for picking it up.