AVIC411.com

Hey guys - wondering if anyone out there can help me out. Called pioneer support and got nothing. I have a d3 with the sb10 and scc1 adaptors for the sirrius radio. Problem is that the tuner is stuck on channel 205, which doesn't exsisit.

I've replaced everything and i mean everything and still having the same problem and nobody seems to have an answer..

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue here too. If I hit the Traffic button, I can get a song on, but it stills hows 205 on the Avic. Please post if you figure it out.

I've heard that if you install the sb10 and tap the red (switched power) wire instead of the yellow one, it solves freezing issues. I may try that.

Same issue here too. If I hit the Traffic button, I can get a song on, but it stills hows 205 on the Avic. Please post if you figure it out.

I've heard that if you install the sb10 and tap the red (switched power) wire instead of the yellow one, it solves freezing issues. I may try that.

You should definitely leave the Sirius module switched; you don't want it running down your battery when the car is off. :)

Yeah, that stumped me. Why did they add a yellow wire to the power supply and give instructions to connect to the constant power? Seemed like an odd config.

I found quite a few reports of the 205 situation and no solutions so far. I think the cd-sb10 is malfunctioning. I will post when I resolve this.

My Sirius receiver was bad which is why it was stuck on channel 205. I sent it back and had it exchanged and the new one works fine. I did try it on my old D3 and it did the same thing.

BTW, the yellow wire is constant power to retain the channel memory settings in the Sirius unit. It will not kill your battery by hooking it up to positive unless you don't drive your car for about a year or so.

I had the same problem with one i bought off Ebay. It was stuck on channel 7 , no sound, no nothing. I was reading on post here about opening the box and pushing down on the heat shield or what ever the thing is,once i did that the thing started working so i just put a piece of wood that would apply pressure on it once i closed it and haven't had any problems with it. Just a thought that worked for me.

BTW, the yellow wire is constant power to retain the channel memory settings in the Sirius unit. It will not kill your battery by hooking it up to positive unless you don't drive your car for about a year or so.

I left mine switched to ACC and haven't lost channel memory settings yet.

• 3 years later...