AVIC411.com

I just installed my D3 and it is ALWAYS on! Even when i take the key out of the ignition, it stays on. I don't wanna drain the battery and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. What could cause this to happen and what should I start looking at first?

Oh by the way i have the ipod and bluetooth connected to the head unit if that matters...

Thanks[/u]

I just installed my D3 and it is ALWAYS on! Even when i take the key out of the ignition, it stays on. I don't wanna drain the battery and the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. What could cause this to happen and what should I start looking at first?

Oh by the way i have the ipod and bluetooth connected to the head unit if that matters...

Thanks[/u]

where did you wire the red wire? it sounds like its coming in contact with the yellow wire or another constant power source...make sure its wired to the accessory wire on the OEM harness

Thanks[/u]

Your D3 should not be doing that, I can tell you that much. If I were you I check the wires to make sure everything is connected how it should. Let me know with what you come up with.

Thanks[/u]

where did you wire the red wire? it sounds like its coming in contact with the yellow wire or another constant power source...make sure its wired to the accessory wire on the OEM harness

Exactly what you need to look for!

Thanks[/u]

The red wire is connected to the red wire on the gmos-04 harness.. Is it supposed to be connected to the stock harness?

idk what it looks like ive never used it. but it shoulve come with a wiring diagram. your 3 MAIN wires on ur unit harness and your red black and red. your black is your ground your yellow is your constant and your red is your accessory. the red is on 24/7. your red only goes on when the car is turned on. you see where im goin with this??

Guz if you can provide more of an explanation i cant help without knowin wat it looks like

but im 99.9% positive you simply gave the accessory wire constant power. i did that once too bak in my rookie years.

Thanks[/u]

The red wire is connected to the red wire on the gmos-04 harness.. Is it supposed to be connected to the stock harness?

Got a bad interface then. There is no accessory in new gms that's the other reason why you need the interface.

Wait what? The gmos-04 interface instructions tell me to connect the red wire to the radio's acc wire and thats what i did.
Which would lead to the GMOS adapter either being wired up incorrectly or faulty. Because it is supposed to be sending switched power out that red wire, but is sending constant power out instead.

Double and triple check the GMOS wiring, and if it's all correct, replace the GMOS module.

Ok I checked and everything seems to be wired correctly.

This is actually my second gmos-04 interface. I had a perfectly fine one the first time and it everything ran fine but i opened it up to get better access the chime volume adjuster and accidentally knocked off a little black soldered part with "470" printed on it... I didn't wanna risk anything so i just ordered another interface.

Now, with the exact same wiring, i swapped just the interface and its ALWAYS on. I swapped the old interface back in and it only turns on when i turn the key so i'm guessing the "new" interface is the problem... AAAAHHHH!!!

I guess i'll have to return it and get another one.... Does anyone know what the "470 plastic chip" thingy does? I'm gonna assume i shouldn't run the interface with out it haha