AVIC411.com

Boyo License Frame Complaint

I just purchased via mail order a Boyo chrome linense frame with back up camera. I'm not installing this on my vehicle. Don't get me wrong, the product is very nice quality and the chrome finish is superior, BUT, across the whole bottom section of the frame Boyo imbosed in very large lettering, "Patentent Pending" and several patent numbers. It's ugly as hell. If you are consideirng buying one of these, be forwarned,, you may not be happy.. I'm retuning mine today with a note why..

I just purchased via mail order a Boyo chrome linense frame with back up camera. I'm not installing this on my vehicle. Don't get me wrong, the product is very nice quality and the chrome finish is superior, BUT, across the whole bottom section of the frame Boyo imbosed in very large lettering, "Patentent Pending" and several patent numbers. It's ugly as hell. If you are consideirng buying one of these, be forwarned,, you may not be happy.. I'm retuning mine today with a note why..

Yeah I just got mine also, noticed that and thought wtf did they do that for?! They could have easily put it on the back or something. You cant really tell when its on unless you are standing like a foot away from it. Maybe cuz I got black frame its less obvious or something.

I didnt buy the camera for looks. I bought it for when I have to parallel-park my Expedition here in NYC every day. The words imprinted on the frame are barely noticeable when installed. Besides, BOYO is one of the best in the business. Why return it and go with an inferior product because of something that cant be seen unless youre standing on top of it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Exactly which Boyo license plate camera did you buy? Where did you get it? I've seen those frames with the patent numbers stamped across the bottom and want to make sure I get a camera without them.

I called Barney's Electronics today to find out about the BOYO frames with the patent numbers stamped on them and make sure the one I was about to order didn't have that feature. Eric said he'd had other people ask him about that as well and said that he thought it was a certain batch of the VTL200 frames that had the patent numbers embossed on the front of them.