AVIC411.com

F-series bluetooth compatibility topic

F-series model: f90bt

Phone make/model: Blackberry pearl

Ease of connection: does not connect automatically all the time, sometimes have to tell the blackberry to connect with device. If I tell the f90 to connect with the phone it will connect, then drop after a few seconds.

Phone book transfer: No problem, but does not recognize voice commands. Example: "Call Mom"

Sound quality:Ok considering I don't have the quietest cabin. If i am on the freeway people say it sounds like a wind tunnel.

Comments: I am lucky that i live in a state that still allows you to operate a handset while driving.

F-series model:f90bt

Phone make/model:env2

Ease of connection:Always connects, no problem

Phone book transfer: Have not tried yet, already have blackberry contacts in there and this is my girlfriends phone.

Sound quality: Ok considering.

Comments: Considering my cabin conditions, the F90 should have noise reduction software.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-series model: F900BT

Phone make/model: Palm Treo 755p

Ease of connection: Complicated... appears to fail but after a restart it connects

Phone book transfer: Not tested yet

Sound quality: Good on my end but popping sounds on the remote end

Comments: I was messing with bluetooth while sitting in traffic on my way home this evening. I had the F900BT try to find the Treo and it did see it as a bluetooth device it could connect to and when I attempted to pair the two the code screen would show up on the Treo and I would put in 1111. On the F900BT it would show as connecting but eventually say connection failed. When I tried to pair from the Treo using the hands-free setup, it would find the F900BT and prompt for a code and I would enter 1111 on the phone and then it would appear to be connected on the phone but the F900BT would just remain on a screen saying waiting to connect. After about 5 minutes I eventually got tired of waiting for it to connect or timeout so I just hit the map button and went about my drive. When I stopped for gas I stopped the engine. When I restarted the engine, the F900BT rebooted of course. After about maybe 2 minutes, maybe less... I wasn't really timing it, all of a sudden the bluetooth light lit up on the unit and it said 'phone connected' or whatever on the screen. I was surprised! I was able to make a call and it worked. I was told that there sounded like a lot of popping noises though from my end of the call. I have not tried to copy addresses over yet. I still have a few things to try out. I do know for a fact that when an SMS message comes into the phone a notification does NOT show up on the screen.

F-series model: F-900BT

Phone make/model: Motorola Razor v3

Ease of connection: Great, works every time. It takes longer sometimes than other

Phone book transfer: Great, first try and it worked, no issues.

Sound quality: Ok. It is good on my end hearing others. On the other end, it seems worse than my old Parrot unit but not that bad. It sometimes has trouble when making a call and hanging up from my phone and quickly making another call.

Comments: I feel this set up is quite usable but still lacks compared to my standalone unit. I may actually reinstall it and have them both on and see when and if the bugs get worked out, if my standalone one is better. I find it hard to depend on, this would be fine for the average person but i am on the phone constantly so it's just not quite good enough.

F-series model:900bt

Phone make/model: BB 8100

Ease of connection: First time - connection failed a bunch of times - then a minute later it has stayed connected - been fine for 1 week.

Phone book transfer: Perfect

Sound quality: Sometimes -the sound is great - others say they hear echo when they talk. Sometimes I've heard my voice through the speakers.

Comments: Very happy it recognized my phone and downloaded my phone book w/o any issues.

F-series model: f90bt

Phone make/model: iphone

Ease of connection: Connects in about 1 minute. Always connects also which is nice.

Phone book transfer: Very easy, pressed one button and all my contacts transfered in about 5 min. It stores them so I only had to do this once.

Sound quality: I think its perfect. The people on the other line say the same thing, they cant even tell that I'm on a speaker phone. I've even been able to use it with the windows down going at a pretty reasonable speed.

Comments: Overall I think the bluetooth works really well and is a pretty cool feature. Sorry to hear about some of the problems with the other units.

Phone make/model: Palm Treo 800w

Ease of connection: Simple

Phone book transfer: Either send each contact you want from the phone or the unit will grab ALL contacts

Sound quality: Good on my end but popping sounds on the remote end

Comments: From what I've seen so far the Treo 800w pairs with the F900BT very easily. When I first established the connection on my phone I got a popup message saying that a remote system would like to access your contacts - Allow or Disallow? Once I allow I then get a message on the F900BT telling me to send individual contacts from my phone or press ok to have all contacts downloaded.

• 4 weeks later...

F-series model: F700BT (tested w/ store demo at Circuit City)

Phone make/model: Palm Treo 700p

Ease of connection: Simple (from Pioneer side) I was amazed, this is the first Pioneer unit I've been able to connect with from my Treo 700P. Perhaps this is due to Parrot, but I've had trouble connecting to stand alone Parrot units.

Phone book transfer: I was a little paranoid to have my whole address book go into the store demo unit, but tried one contact and it transferred all my speed dial contacts. ???? I found this encouraging, however, and figure, with more time with the unit, I could figure out how to get the rest of my address book into it.

Sound quality: Good,...at least receiving over the store speakers connected to the unit. I only called my voicemail though, so don't know about quality from a receiving phone. I'll go back and try some calls.

Comments: I was very encouraged because I've been having so much trouble getting the Treo 700P to connect to ANYTHING. But this was a very limited trial and not in actual use in the car. I turned the unit off, but the Bluetooth connection stayed on and another call to my voicemail activated the call screen again. I wanted to power the whole unit down, to simulate turning the ignition off and back on...but could't figure out how to do this on the store unit.

Now can I live with the long boot up time everyone complains about....???

Phone make/model: iPhone 3G

Ease of connection: Somewhat simple

Phone book transfer: Very Easy

Sound quality: Pretty clear (since firmware update)

Comments:

1. It is easiest to pair to unit using 'Pair from phone/device' on F-series and then go into Bluetooth menu on iPhone so it becomes discoverable; after that it should pair immediately.

2. Contacts transfer and show up as names in contact list (but if a contact has multiple numbers e.g. home, mobile, work, etc. they do not show up as such, only name is shown, quite annoying) and work by contact name using voice command, but when receiving a call from a stored contact only the number is shown and not the name.

• 2 weeks later...

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: SonyEricsson w610i

Ease of connection: Very easy

Phone book transfer: Transfering all didn't work, so I tried to send just the two or three I wanted; that ended up sending all?!

Sound quality: Seems ok, though I still prefer the wired headset for sound quality

Comments: How in the heck do you edit or delete contacts? Is it true that you can only delete all at once? Who at Pioneer thought that was a good idea?

F-series model:f90bt (with update)

Phone make/model: Blackberry Pearl 8100 (TMobile)

Ease of connection: Moderate. It connects eventually, but when the car is first turned on, the f90bt tries to connect with the phone and it fails repeatedly... eventually after 5 to 10 minutes, it ends up connecting successfully on its own.

Phone book transfer: It worked fine after assigning contacts to a "category" and then specifying in the bluetooth menu of the phone to transfer only that category (as opposed to "all entries").

Sound quality: Perfect on both ends.

Comments: Hopefully they will fix the bluetooth handshake process... it is flaky at best, and it contrasts with all the other bluetooth devices i've used with the Pearl without a flaw. I've also noticed that when the F90bt is turned off, it doesn't immediately release the bluetooth connection (it stays powered on for a several seconds), and it prevents the phone from switching to a bluetooth headset when in the middle of a call, or from picking up the call directly.

• 2 weeks later...

F-series model: F90BT

Phone make/model: T-Mobile 8320 "Curve"

Ease of connection: Simple from Phone, Connects Automatically each time

Phone book transfer: Does Not Work At All

Sound quality: Decent

Comments: Bluetooth Connects automatically but has difficulty staying connected. I eventually turned BT off on my phone until the "alleged" update from parot.

Phone make/model: BB 8703e

Ease of connection: poor

Phone book transfer: easy

Sound quality: good to great

Comments: waiting for the new update :(

Phone make/model: Razor V3m (sprint)

Ease of connection: good

Phone book transfer: easy

Sound quality: good

Comments: :lol:

F-series model: F700BT

Phone make/model: Samsung SCH-740 (Alias)

Ease of connection: Connect from Phone, worked perfectly first time after 2.0 update.

Phone book transfer: very easy, about 2-3 mins

Sound quality: sound quality is decent, nothing indistinguishable

Comments: Before the 2.0 firmware my bluetooth did not work at all, this is like freakin christmas as this was one of the HUGE features that got me to buy the unit, and it FINALLY WORKS!!!!!!