AVIC411.com

Went back to D3 from F900BT here is my thoughts.

All I can say is WOW!

Now I have to be honest here, light and day differences between models, F series does have an insane amount of features, and its hd radio ready, 3d nav mode voice reconition etc.

But, the bugs come through like a sore thumb as well.

1. The D3 plays an ipod music wise in 5 seconds after turning the key on, COMPLETELY booted up in 15-20 seconds!!!!

2. You don't realize how nice it is to type on a keyboard that response. You can fly through the screens as fast as your fingers can touch the screen, its insane!

3. I got my phone paired and made my first call in 15 seconds, zero problems and they can hear me great!

4. The system menu's make sense!

5. It's so easy to use, I mean all the nice essential features are there, yes there were some very cool things about the F series but I have to tell you, after going back to the D3, I figured out how much I don't need all those extra features. AS long as I have a unit that boots up quick, menu's and screens are straight to the point and actually work without concentrating on it, no problem.

6. Get the F series to boot up, operate and function like the D series with all those nice features, I will be buying one with next day shipping. Until then I will be sticking with my D3.

Just my thoughts, hope I made some sense.

Enough obsessing, hope you all luck with the F series and a speedy patch, I no longer have to do that, thank god!

All I can say is WOW!

Now I have to be honest here, light and day differences between models, F series does have an insane amount of features, and its hd radio ready, 3d nav mode voice reconition etc.

But, the bugs come through like a sore thumb as well.

1. The D3 plays an ipod music wise in 5 seconds after turning the key on, COMPLETELY booted up in 15-20 seconds!!!!

2. You don't realize how nice it is to type on a keyboard that response. You can fly through the screens as fast as your fingers can touch the screen, its insane!

3. I got my phone paired and made my first call in 15 seconds, zero problems and they can hear me great!

4. The system menu's make sense!

5. It's so easy to use, I mean all the nice essential features are there, yes there were some very cool things about the F series but I have to tell you, after going back to the D3, I figured out how much I don't need all those extra features. AS long as I have a unit that boots up quick, menu's and screens are straight to the point and actually work without concentrating on it, no problem.

6. Get the F series to boot up, operate and function like the D series with all those nice features, I will be buying one with next day shipping. Until then I will be sticking with my D3.

Just my thoughts, hope I made some sense.

Enough obsessing, hope you all luck with the F series and a speedy patch, I no longer have to do that, thank god!

I would like to add a few things after using navigation this morning going to work.

1. The navigation voice quality, response, and control is outstanding. It prompts an appropriate amount of times. You can actually see the information on the screen at a quick glance, I found myself having to squint and get close to the screen or bring up the full screen information to see whats going on with the f series.

2. It's so simple, you just do what you need to and its out of mind simple and straight to the point and its like that with every feature.

A few things I did miss this morning were the MSN Direct traffic and the 3d nav, but im happy to live without those things because A. MSN direct is not worth a subscription and B. where there would be traffic there isn't exactly any alt routes to take.