AVIC411.com

Really? I have the driver's view activated only when upcoming turns come up if I'm being guided by the navi to a destination.

I love it because its helpful judging the distance of turns and the direction as opposed to OEM navi's that just have the close up view of the turn ,

I just personally found it was more difficult to judge the distance of upcoming turns. Withought the drivers view mode, I mistakenly turned too early.

IMHO.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jwq, how long did the update take? I'm worried that it will drain out my car battery.

Takes around 3 hours.....

However, you can just interrupt it at any time and continue later where it left off...

Only the firmware update should not be interrupted, and that only takes a couple of minutes...

Ah, thanks for the tip, I didn't know that you can interupt it during the update,

Its just towards the end when the firmware is being updated I need leave it on.

Thanks! Can't wait to upgrade my Z1 to a Z3!

Really? I have the driver's view activated only when upcoming turns come up if I'm being guided by the navi to a destination.

I love it because its helpful judging the distance of turns and the direction as opposed to OEM navi's that just have the close up view of the turn ,

I just personally found it was more difficult to judge the distance of upcoming turns. Withought the drivers view mode, I mistakenly turned too early.

IMHO.

I just watch the count-down till the next turn :wink:

can anyone share this with us like the previous upgrade.?

The Avic Z series upgrade discs can not be shared, as you will need an install code that is provided by Pioneer and tied to the serial number.

You can download the update and install directly to the hard drive, or purchase a pre configured hard drive upgrade.