AVIC411.com

Call me crazy, but is there not a way to do:

• POI's
    Search
    Enter "Target"
    Enter city "Austin, TX"
    Hit Search

and have it come up with a list of Targets in Austin?

It seems I have to put a destination as austin so that I have a cursor and then search for a target. I can search for things along my route (but wait, I don't have a route since my destination is the target in austin) or near my destination (but wait again, my destination is what I'm trying to find).

It seems like a lot of work to find something this way? Is there something I'm missing?

Doesn't help if I'm looking for something in a city three hours away. Let's say I know the name of the restaurant I want to go to in Austin, but I'm in Dallas. I can't just go to POI, set location to Austin, and then search for the name. The only way I've figured out how to do it is to set my destination to the city center of Austin which will place a cursor there, then do a search near the cursor for the restaurant name. This is very annoying to have to do. Most modern GPS's have this feature.

Doesn't help if I'm looking for something in a city three hours away. Let's say I know the name of the restaurant I want to go to in Austin, but I'm in Dallas. I can't just go to POI, set location to Austin, and then search for the name. The only way I've figured out how to do it is to set my destination to the city center of Austin which will place a cursor there, then do a search near the cursor for the restaurant name. This is very annoying to have to do. Most modern GPS's have this feature.

very interesting... that shouldnt be too hard to implement.