AVIC411.com

How well does your Shuffle All work?

I had it playing a disc with MP3's and chose Shuffle All. It began shuffling, but when I skipped a song it then got stuck in a folder of an album. Every time I hit next track it stayed in that folder instead of shuffling from the disc. On screen it still showed Disc Random. If I tried to hit Shuffle All again nothing would happen.

Hit the function button at the top left and change the repeat function from folder back to disk.

IIRC, if you have it on shuffle, if you hit forward or back, it will switch to folder repeat mode instead of disk repeat mode.

So instead of using forward to skip tracks, use the up and down button instead. That will skip it up or down 1 folder and will keep it in disk repeat mode.

Or at least that's how I remember it working on older Pioneer models that played MP3 disks.

I'll have to try that, but that seems kind of odd. Any other device I've ever used that had shuffle would actually...shuffle... even if you hit next track. Next track should abide by the random behavior mode I specified by selecting Shuffle All and not change to a folder repeat mode which I didn't select.