AVIC411.com

Constant static all the time?

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.. or hopefully has some ideas on what might be causing it?

Everything worked fine after installing the Z1 except that I have this constant repeating pattern of static noise from the moment I turn the system on.. doesn't matter what I'm doing in it. It's not that loud (when I'm playing music at a moderate volume you can't hear it), but it's annoying any time the music is off.

I WAS grounded through the wiring harness, so figuring it might be a grounding problem, I tried grounding to several random bolts all over the car, but the static was always there.

Anyone have any other ideas?
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Sounds like that might be the same static noise a lot of others have noticed. Thus far no one I know of has been able to get rid of it.[/quote]

Yeah, I read all those posts -- the difference there seems to be that most people are talking about static noise after button presses or whatever..

This might have more to do with the electrical system in my car? For example, the static noise changes to a constant buzzing when I turn my headlights on.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]That's definately something different. When the z1 was installed, was the factory amp in the car kept or was it bypassed? That might have something to do with that. I've also seen a corroded power antenna cause that kind of noise too.[/quote]

Oh.. good call. The speaker connections go through the factory amp still.. you think using my own amp would get rid of it?
Time for some more wiring I guess.. (assuming I can find where the factory amp even is!) Thanks for the help
It's worth trying to re-ground your negative behind the radio. Look for a good piece of CLEAN bare metal, like dash reinforcement cage, etc... and use a self-tapping sheet metal screw and a ring terminal. Just make a good connection from the vehicle frame to your negative wires on the harness, especially if you just used the stock radio negative in the harness. It definitely can't hurt, and it very well might fix the hum or buzz.

Probably more important than the ground, make sure you don't run any audio cables along side of power cables, as much as possible. That can definitely get your speakers singing to the tune of your engine!

I've heard that noise when I press buttons, but it's likely attributed to the way the h/u makes the sounds or the quality of the sound clips they used.
  • 2 weeks later...
Had the same problem in my Alitma. Now I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum, and STILL HAVE the same problem. Everything has been checked, rechecked etc. Noise filters have been put in place, still had noise. We finally just turned the gains down on the amps somewhat, and the noise is not audible any longer, even though I am sure it is still present. The stereo will still kick AS* though!!
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a newly installed Z1 in my '06 Nissan Titan and I have a light buzzing all the time too. The buzzing is very light and cannot be heard unless the engine is off.
However, I have an added problem that is going to be checked this Saturday morning.... I have a popping that comes out of the left speakers (front only I think) fairly regularly. Not just a hiss, but a popping. It almost sounds like someone is lightly scratching the surface of a microphone and then flicking it. Kinda - scratch, scratch, scratch, thunk!

Just FYI, I have a 07/06 build and am using the wiring-harness-bypass.
I thought it might be the bluetooth, but it does it with or without the bluetooth enabled. Now I am thinking it is the amp....
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="jenson"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"]That's definately something different. When the z1 was installed, was the factory amp in the car kept or was it bypassed? That might have something to do with that. I've also seen a corroded power antenna cause that kind of noise too.[/quote]

Oh.. good call. The speaker connections go through the factory amp still.. you think using my own amp would get rid of it?
Time for some more wiring I guess.. (assuming I can find where the factory amp even is!) Thanks for the help[/quote]

I also have a Z1 with the factory amp, and am getting noise; did you solve your noise problem, and if so, how? Thanks.
  • 4 weeks later...