AVIC411.com

JVC Arsenal KW-NX7000 vs. AVIC-f90BT

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am another one that is now looking at this JVC unit (as well as the Kenwood 7120 option).

I had the D3 which was nice until it was ripped outta my Toyota 4Runner a couple nights ago. :evil:

I was planning on just upgrading to the Pioneer F series but the reviews on it have REALLY sucked (mainly because they seemd to release it too early). And I felt most of the reviewers frustrations because Pioneer is simply the worst for getting customers updated software to rectify all of their product issues. Enough to the point of me simply not wanting to deal with their products anymore.

So I was ready to slap the insurance money down on the Kenwood option (most likely the DNX7120) but my buddy who sold me the original D3 mentioned this JVC unit as an alternative. I wouldn't have really considered it except that the removeable face is REALLY appealing to me (for obvious reasons).

I saw the GPS review link but was hoping for some more hands on reviews as well. Especially now that I know more about what I'm looking for. So if anyone does track down any other stuff then that'd be great if you could post!

Thanks all

Crotchfield has their Hands-on Research posted on the NX7000 now.

Link

It sounds really good except for having no voice recognition at all... not sure if I'd miss that or not, I don't have voice recognition now with my D1.

Even comparing to the Z2 I just got, it looks like voice recognition is the only thing it lacks over the Z2, while it has a ton of features the Z2 doesn't. The lane guidance feature looks interesting, I don't think the Pioneers have that.

I read the Crutchfield review and noticed that there is no XM satellite module for the unit.

Satellite Radio: This unit supports both XM and Sirius Satellite Radio when used with the optional Satellite Radio tuner and adapter (sold separately. The KW-NX7000 supports the Sirius Connect Universal Vehicle tuner and JVC KS-SRA100 Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRJVC1, sold separately). Currently there is no XM adapter available for this unit. You can also connect a Satellite Radio Plug-and-Play tuner to the unit's front-panel Auxiliary input.

You can buy the external and use the AUX INPUT, but its nice to have everything controlled by the head unit.

I read the Crutchfield review and noticed that there is no XM satellite module for the unit.

Satellite Radio: This unit supports both XM and Sirius Satellite Radio when used with the optional Satellite Radio tuner and adapter (sold separately. The KW-NX7000 supports the Sirius Connect Universal Vehicle tuner and JVC KS-SRA100 Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRJVC1, sold separately). Currently there is no XM adapter available for this unit. You can also connect a Satellite Radio Plug-and-Play tuner to the unit's front-panel Auxiliary input.

You can buy the external and use the AUX INPUT, but its nice to have everything controlled by the head unit.

It will control a universal Terk XM tuner when using a Terk XMDJVC100 JVC interface. I guess JVC didn't want to license XM for some reason, so they interface with Terk. The manual for the KW-NX7000 even mentions the Terk XMDJVC100. It appears as though the JVC can fully control the Terk tuner using the XMDJVC100.

No JVC XM tuner exists, they all use the Terk XMDJVC100.

Getting it installed next week with the Sirius, Ipod and steering wheel controls.

I played with the similar model (just lacked navigation) and liked the interface so to me it seems JVC has an idea of what they're doing.

I talked to the sales guy at the shop about this unit and he said they've been excited about getting these in for a while. Apparently the Ipod interface is top notch and quick. The same goes for the navigation.

He also told me that you might wanna be careful with buying this radio at some places because JVC initially had a bunch of problems with these and had to do some major upgrades before their "re-release". That's why there haven't been a lot of reviews on this because they're so limited on the market. And the ones that are out there are most likely ones that haven't been upgraded. He also could have been telling me this to make a sale but I got it for a good price anyway from a place I trust that's close to the office.

I am another one that is now looking at this JVC unit (as well as the Kenwood 7120 option).

I had the D3 which was nice until it was ripped outta my Toyota 4Runner a couple nights ago. :evil:

I was planning on just upgrading to the Pioneer F series but the reviews on it have REALLY sucked (mainly because they seemd to release it too early). And I felt most of the reviewers frustrations because Pioneer is simply the worst for getting customers updated software to rectify all of their product issues. Enough to the point of me simply not wanting to deal with their products anymore.

So I was ready to slap the insurance money down on the Kenwood option (most likely the DNX7120) but my buddy who sold me the original D3 mentioned this JVC unit as an alternative. I wouldn't have really considered it except that the removeable face is REALLY appealing to me (for obvious reasons).

I saw the GPS review link but was hoping for some more hands on reviews as well. Especially now that I know more about what I'm looking for. So if anyone does track down any other stuff then that'd be great if you could post!

Thanks all

Demolition -

Let me know once you get this unit installed and running. I have been browsing this forum for months trying to decide what unit to put into my 08 Tacoma and have switched between the F series, 8120, and now this JVC about a dozen times already. What made you decide to go with the JVC? A big deterrent for me is the lack of user reviews, and basically a lack of information on the unit. I really like the Kenwood 8120 except for the user interface.

My priorities for the unit are:

1. Ipod Interface (im a big music junkie and want my ipod to be fully integrated into the unit with album artwork and no glitches).

2. Bluetooth - it is now the law in CA to have a hands free device and although the earbuds on my iphone work fine, it would be much nicer to have this integrated as well. My big concern is the ability for the phone to pair with the unit and have all contacts transferred and REMAIN connected....oh and not to mention phone quality. Hear so many reports of poor phone quality....this would be simply unacceptable.

3. Navigation - this is the lowest priority for me as i tend not to use it very much but is nice to have. The ipod and bluetooth are things i use on a daily basis - very frequently.

Im still really enticed by the F-series, but am not completely sure the upgrade fixed all the problems....I would love it if it did....but seems to still have problems with bluetooth and iphone.

Anyway, any insight as to why you went with this unit, and your hands on review (photos?!?) would be greatly appreciated. I like you am a big fan of the removable facepiece as my last car was stolen out of my apartment complex so anything to deter thieves is a big plus. Let me know and thanks for any help. Ive finally decided to register and stop watching and start talking!

gaucho