AVIC411.com

JVC Arsenal KW-NX7000 vs. AVIC-f90BT

I was so in love with the idea of getting a 90BT but having seen all the negative comments and experiences I am seriously looking at alternatives. I was considering the AVIC-Z3 and then the JVC KW-NX7000 hit my radar...

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028308&pathId=126&page=1

It lacks some of the sex appeal of the 90BT i.e. voice recognition, but it looks pretty solid from a specifications perspective. Does anyone know anything more about this product such as avaialbility? Any comments about it's specs vs. the AVIC/Kenwood offerings?

Thanks!

[/url]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, I have a Windows Mobile 6 PDA/Smartphone (AT&T Tilt) with Microsoft Voice loaded. The unit also has an 8GB micro SD card installed (you can get up to 16GB today) and I have a ton of my music albums loaded on it. Using Microsoft Voice I can command via my voice any album, playlist, genre, artist, to play etc and operate the unit via voice as well (i.e. pause, shuffle, repeat, id the song...etc.).

When combined with a high performance GPS head unit that doesn't have voice I can still get the best of both worlds using Bluetooth audio streaming from the AT&T Tilt and have voice control. Anyhow, I am eager to learn more about this JVC because this seems like a good solution if the 90BT doesn't rise up from the ashes.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

3 sub-pixels per pixel, Red, Green, and Blue.

It's pretty lame to even bother mentioning it, as if a color LCD has ever had anything other than 3 sub-pixels per pixel!!!

Some less scrupulous companies use to claim something like a 1440x234 sub-pixel resolution, as if that mattered to anyone. It's weird, I've only seen that for car audio. I seldom see number of sub-pixels mentioned in any computer monitor specs (it's ALWAYS 3 anyway).

Hey G-Man78!

Im in the same boat as you with shopping around and trying to pick out the best unit for my needs. I was hott for the Z3, but that quickly was washed away by looking at the DNX8120 in great depth.

For the second time now, the JVC KW-NX7000 has come on my radar. I cant seem to find much info about this unit other then that presented on JVC's website. I would love to see a live demo of this unit, but none seem to exist :-(

On the flip side, I was able to find additional screenshots of the KW-NX7000 by accident!!

CLICK HERE - Not the greatest, but some different screenshots hopefully this may help you a bit more. I am going to continue to search for a video demo of this puppy in action.

Cheers!

-Frankie

Thanks wumagic! Great shots and more intrigue. I think this unit rocks with the exception of some of the information resources (i.e. weather, stocks, google, etc.). The AVIC series is great for those things but it does not have RDS which is a joke!

I'm watching and waiting for more infor on the JVC. If anyone finds the owner's manual online let us know!

Thanks!

Thanks, there was no mention at pioneer about that and I wanted to be sure... still waiting for mine to come in.. another question does anyone know then if there is some sort of security we can incorperate? Besides the horns behind the dash so the thiefs go deaf. ect.. any real theft deterent from pioneer or is it install then get something else like a viper 5000 two way and hope for the best.

I know this question is covered somewhere else as everyone is so happy to point out, but I have not found it. A link would be helpful. if it is covered.

always talking about the Avic F900BT here.

thanks