AVIC411.com

Pioneer's Official Statement

To Our Valued Dealers,

Pioneer has been hearing from early adopters and dealers who are

experiencing performance issues with some of the new F-Series models. While

these inquiries are not unusual when launching a new industry leading

technology platform, we share your concerns and understand the questions

they may be creating for you and your customers.

Pioneer is working to resolve your questions and will update you on the

patches we will be putting in place as soon as they are complete and

tested. Please know that Pioneer's confidence in the AVIC-F Series and its

performance is unwavering. Pioneer is always testing to bring leading

technologies to the market and customers to your installation bays.

Regards,

Pioneer Electronics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least Pioneer acknowledges that there are problems and confirms that they are working on a solution. That's good news, I suppose, although the lack of a stated time frame for resolution of the problems makes me wonder if the patches are going to take longer to be available than we all had hoped.

I myself still have not received the F90BT that I preordered from Al-Eds at Ontario, California. I have inquired numerous times and have gotten numerous different answers. Bottomline is they still have not received their units from Pioneer. Hopefully this bugs gets fixed before Pioneer sends them out.

I think most peoples reaction to the f series problems are over-reacting. Saying they will take the system back and it is junk....

Yes i agree these problems are not acceptable for a final product but the problems like when searching for poi will definitely be fixed soon. A company as big as pioneer is not going to let something like that continue or they will hurt their name and no business wants to do that. The system saying comma instead of point something miles is not going to be a deal breaker for anyone normal. Even the poi searching for me isnt a deal breaker, hell i can use my iphone to search for businesses. I want these major problems fixed very soon but i wouldnt take back my installed system because of being a little impatient. Just my opinion but i do think many people are over-reacting. I mean you bought and installed the system and besides being a little slow in the startup overall it is still a great system with some improvements. I would think a fix will come within a month, do you think pioneer wants to continue shipping these out and then get horrible reviews and backlash, well more backlash. I would keep your systems and just continue to bug the hell out of pioneer.

I myself still have not received the F90BT that I preordered from Al-Eds at Ontario, California. I have inquired numerous times and have gotten numerous different answers. Bottomline is they still have not received their units from Pioneer. Hopefully this bugs gets fixed before Pioneer sends them out.

Yeah i was in the same boat as well. I had ordered a F90BT back on the tenth well after not having a radio for over 2 weeeks i just told them to send me a 700BT. If you read on their website you have 30 days to exchange or send it in for a refund. :wink:

On a side note, Man does this thing take efing forever to startup even when the VR is turned off. Also i found out last night that my bypas wasnt correctly done. Guess i didnt get a good ground on it.

So, should I wait for another month or so to add the new nav system on my car or just go ahead any buy the z3?

You could always wait it out. You've made it this long with whatever is in your dashboard now... so another month isn't going to kill you.

I installed an F700BT and I am experiencing issues similar to what everyone else has reported. Slow boot times and delayed button presses, poor bluetooth quality, and static-filled voice prompts.

I am trying to figure out if I should return the unit for a refund, as recommended by the Pioneer CSR I contacted. The CSR disavowed any knowledge of coming software updates and claimed "it could be a very long time before we have any information to share". The seller (Globazar via Amazon.com) claims to have sold around 100 units without any issues.

If it was reported that most units work properly, I would probably attempt to get a replacement, so I can keep all the wires installed. Otherwise, I will have to go through the effort of removing the unit. The unit took a long time to install because I ran the GPS wire under the carpet, seats, and trim pieces. I am dreading having to remove it.

I returned mine the other day, while it is nice they are acknowledging the issues, more then likely to put customers at ease that they will fix the units. The fact they didn't even mention a time frame for the release is very worrysome.

I am very happy with my D3 now after experiencing the F series, I was dazzled and had the fever when I bought it, hope they fix it soon. It will definately be an outstanding industry leading device if it oeprates as it should.

Now ill be honest, if the start up time is not GREATLY improved, were talking 5 seconds music on with full start up in say 15-20 seconds, then ill just skip it altogether.

After dealing with the 2 min startup time, then going back to the d3 which has the 5 seconds to music and 15 seconds to full startup, it really is just that much more painful.

A lot of features really are worthless with a start up in the 2 min range, backup cameras for example.

The backup camera works within 5-10 seconds of turning the key. There is another thread on here with a video showing it

I returned mine the other day, while it is nice they are acknowledging the issues, more then likely to put customers at ease that they will fix the units. The fact they didn't even mention a time frame for the release is very worrysome.

I am very happy with my D3 now after experiencing the F series, I was dazzled and had the fever when I bought it, hope they fix it soon. It will definately be an outstanding industry leading device if it oeprates as it should.

Now ill be honest, if the start up time is not GREATLY improved, were talking 5 seconds music on with full start up in say 15-20 seconds, then ill just skip it altogether.

After dealing with the 2 min startup time, then going back to the d3 which has the 5 seconds to music and 15 seconds to full startup, it really is just that much more painful.

A lot of features really are worthless with a start up in the 2 min range, backup cameras for example.

I don't know if this is from some corporate yahoo guesstimating or from any actual release estimate from pioneer, but when I checked today, Best Buy's in stock date on the f900 was pushed from july 6th (a little late in the game to start anyway considering when the first units shipped) to august 3rd... I guess that gives me another month to wait on scoche or the like to put out a dash kit for the 09 matrix before taking the jump to custom fabrication.

The new Kenwoods are looking better and better every day. One of my friends just completed his install of his new Kenwood 8120. I'll tell ya, I dont think there is a better NAV unit out there now. In every aspect, it blows any Pioneer NAV out of the water. And to top if off, the audio stage quality is awesome, better then any Eclipse.. I know we are all Pioneer fans, hence this site, but sorry to say, you guys and gals need to take a serioius look at these Kenwoods. If you spend some hands on time playing with one you'll get the Kenwood bug... Man i do..