AVIC411.com

Pioneer's Official Statement

WOW. Still no word from Pioneer.

What jerks :x . They should do some type of weekly update to at least Pretend like they care.

also, is Al-Eds still in contact with them? or are they just waiting for Pioneer to contact them when it is fixed?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease :P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't bother contacting al&ed's. Every time they have gotten any kind of info from Pioneer about this, they've sent an email out to all the people who bought a unit from them. Then it gets posted on here pretty soon afterwards.

Um, did you read the official statement from just 2 weeks ago? When there is a fix/upgrade, they will let you know. Have some patience people.

I'm assuming you mean the Official Statement, which is what this thread is...and what I'm responding to....so yes....i have read it.

And i "did" have patients, but that was about a month ago. For all we know they could have not fixed any of the problems yet. If that was true I would give up on waiting and buy a different unit. But, if they have fixed the majority of the problems and are fine tuning the rest i would wait.

Not sure why you would rather be kept in the dark. I'm not asking for minute by minute updates. Are you telling me Pioneer can't afford to have someone spend 15minutes posting a weekly update? I'm pretty sure the sales they have lost so far, due to poor communication, would have paid for minute by minute updates.

Um, did you read the official statement from just 2 weeks ago? When there is a fix/upgrade, they will let you know. Have some patience people.

I'm assuming you mean the Official Statement, which is what this thread is...and what I'm responding to....so yes....i have read it.

And i "did" have patients, but that was about a month ago. For all we know they could have not fixed any of the problems yet. If that was true I would give up on waiting and buy a different unit. But, if they have fixed the majority of the problems and are fine tuning the rest i would wait.

Not sure why you would rather be kept in the dark. I'm not asking for minute by minute updates. Are you telling me Pioneer can't afford to have someone spend 15minutes posting a weekly update? I'm pretty sure the sales they have lost so far, due to poor communication, would have paid for minute by minute updates.

pioneer cant really lose money on a product they're not currently selling at the moment, can they? :roll:

Yes, they can. Because if they had put out regular progress updates, some of the people who opted to not wait and buy another brand might have decided to wait for them to fix it instead.

I'm about to be one of them. The only thing holding me to the 900BT is the custom bezel being made for the car so I can do a double din. If they have not started it yet, I'm going to the DNX8120.

I don't mind waiting for a good product, but waiting an indefinite amount of time is unexceptable.

Yes, they can. Because if they had put out regular progress updates, some of the people who opted to not wait and buy another brand might have decided to wait for them to fix it instead.

Or return their unit. I liked the BT90 but I only have a 30 day return window and I dont want to be sitting here a couple of months down the road wishing there was an update.