AVIC411.com

Pioneer's Official Statement

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke with two different Pioneer customer service reps today asking about a firmware update, and each of them indicated I had to send the unit to Pioneer to have it fixed.

Edit - Because I was bored I called again, twice, and both of the poeple I spoke with indicated I should NOT send it back, and the update should be out in less than a month "hopefully soon".

Al-Eds just posted an update. Pioneer is going to give an official re-release date. It sounds like they have the Firmware update complete.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16522

I wouldn't send your unit in. I would be shocked if they dont have this update available for download. They would be wasting their time/money updating the old units themselves.

Hi all. New to the forums here. I am waiting on Pioneer to fix all the issues I've been reading about online pretty much everywhere. I decided to phone Pioneer's customer support line and after waiting 10 minutes I had a short conversation with one of the phone reps.

I specifically asked about the AVIC-F700BT and the issues they've been having and if there was a firmware upgrade to fix all the issues. He told me Pioneer was working on a fix that should by available by the end of this month.

I asked nothing further and was pretty satisfied with the reassuring tone of voice he had. It seemed to me like they've been getting quite a few inquiries about these issues.

Thank you, hopefully this information is useful.

I specifically asked about the AVIC-F700BT and the issues they've been having and if there was a firmware upgrade to fix all the issues. He told me Pioneer was working on a fix that should by available by the end of this month.

Lets hope its by the end of the month...

I found this funny considering all the complaints people have had in dealing with Pioneer's customer service reps.

On the webpage for the F90BT, if you click on the "Support" icon with the picture of the telephone, you get...

"The request page doesn't exist. Please double check to make sure you have the correct URL"

Ok I have to chime in to save people some frustration with CSR's. A CSR is only as good as the information the remember, in other words CSR's are not decesion makers, they are people hired to answer the phone and depending on how honest they are or how much they remember your experience may be good or bad. The CSR's are not working on this fix nor do they know when it's coming out, not until the "TECHS" who are actually working on this gives them and update, then you have to hope they were at work that day or even paying attention to the update. Just like going into BestBuy you ask the CSR when will you all get more 700BT's one guy might say idk, then you may ask someone else and they will say next week, the first guy was probaly off the day they had the meeting and gave the update or he has CRS. So the only way to find out what's going on is to research the internet or call and talk to a few different CSR's and from each person you may get a piece that helps you solve your puzzle. This applies to any CSR, not just Pioneers. This is not to bash CSR's, just to help everyone understand why they may call several times and get a different answer each time they call.

Ok enough of that, i hope the fix is out soon so I can get my F90BT, tired of using my phone for navigation.

"A CSR is only as good as the information the remember, in other words CSR's are not decesion makers, they are people hired to answer the phone and depending on how honest they are or how much they remember your experience may be good or bad."

I don't think anyone is upset at any of the CSR's on a personal level. We understand the nature of their job. It is a poor job by Pioneer in managing these people. There is no reason two CSR's representing the same company should ever give you conflicting information, bottom line.

"So the only way to find out what's going on is to research the internet or call and talk to a few different CSR's and from each person you may get a piece that helps you solve your puzzle."

Ridiculous. This is what everyone on this site has had to do, and exactly the cause of everyone's frustration. The ONLY guage for an accurate assessment of how effective your customer service is, is customer perception. Nothing else matters, period.

"A CSR is only as good as the information the remember, in other words CSR's are not decesion makers, they are people hired to answer the phone and depending on how honest they are or how much they remember your experience may be good or bad."

I don't think anyone is upset at any of the CSR's on a personal level. We understand the nature of their job. It is a poor job by Pioneer in managing these people. There is no reason two CSR's representing the same company should ever give you conflicting information, bottom line.

"So the only way to find out what's going on is to research the internet or call and talk to a few different CSR's and from each person you may get a piece that helps you solve your puzzle."

Ridiculous. This is what everyone on this site has had to do, and exactly the cause of everyone's frustration. The ONLY guage for an accurate assessment of how effective your customer service is, is customer perception. Nothing else matters, period.

Yeah I just saw the update on pioneers site, got so tired of checking everyday. and I agree with what you wrote Jay but how many times have you called a cellphone company, or went into an electronics store and got different answers from different people. Right now it happens alot with the TV's cause Bestbuy tries to scare you to paying the geek squad to setup your TV. But it is a shame, sometimes you cannot blame the company, the CSR could have had a bad night, lights just got turned off, a divorce pending, anything and here you go calling about your car radio, it happens.

But this is waaayyyy off topic, I was just giving food for thought I got to give Al-Eds a call to find out how long i gotta wait, have fun with your toys everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Does the update work? I am reading through 3 pages of crap about CSR, come on. PM each other..

The firm ware is out, did it fix the problems?

The last post in this topic was made pretty much when the update came out. There's plenty of topics talking about what was and was not fixed with the firmware update, which isn't the subject of this topic... Here's a few. Just browse the F-series section a little bit and you'll find some others.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16675

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16618

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16613