AVIC411.com

Pioneer 700BT install

who cares if his text is in blue, irrelavent and shouldnt bother anyone. I have a stupid question for you, where did you get the stuff around the unit to make it snug in the dash? mine has some gaps

its a dash kit and theyre car specific, what car do you even have?

Actually my car model doesnt have a aftermarket 2din dash kit. I too had gaps and could not find a dash kit out there to fit it. So i went to one dealership to see if they could make me something, well the only way they would was if i had my old D3 installed there for $179. Basically since i knew how to install the unit, i was paying $179 for just a custom kit.

Fed up with this, i went across town to another dealer. He was a stand up guy and told me how to do it. Basically you buy a piece of ABS plastic from the audio place. Charged me a $1. Took measurements and took my time cutting it out with a razor blade. Dremel would not work. Made it sloppy. Although it took a while to cut through the plastic, it was a lot cleaner. Although i am going to get a new piece and sand it down an paint it to match my factory dash. Just isnt good enough for me. :oops:

then apologies i wasnt aware they dont have a kit for yours

but on the other hand if you have to make it yourself then really anything can work. ive made fillers for friends out of that foam core you can buy at michaels. when i was at college i was goin for architecture and alot of my projects were out of foam core. it cuts very easily and the sheets are about the size as oat tag incase you mess up, you can just do it again. plus theyre paper front and back so you get a smooth finish after you paint it. just a suggestion

ive seen them in wal*mart, in their "audio section". and i quote audio section because their best unit they carry is a jensen flip-up :lol:. im sure audio stores would have some kind of filler like that. but like i said, its just a piece of plastic wit a double din cut out. to buy an official one like that id guess would be over $10-$15 easy. why pay for that when with a little creativity and handywork you can make your own? you can by a cheap plexiglass at home depot for under and get a piece 10x the size. and foam core is a great choice too.