AVIC411.com

Pioneer 700BT install

Okay well after the unknown about the F90BT actuall new release unknown. i had changed my mind to the 700BT for now. The empty space in my dash for over 2 weeks was getting to me. Anyways Al-eds changed my order and cut me a good deal. Got the unit yesterday and installed int in my car. If worse comes to worse and i want to go back to the F90BT, i got 30 days.

Intial Thoughts:

Damn its nice having a radio

Wow startup kills me

Ipod interface is so much better and user friiendly compared to my D3.

Bypass is nice

Navigation seems nicer than D3.

Anyways I took some pics/vids of my finished install.

2hdwih2.jpg

2aj75h1.jpg

2ex203k.jpg

2yjx9b5.jpg

e8a0y9.jpg

a37s1.jpg

Video #1

http://blip.tv/file/1032917

Thanks for the vid, I've never seen the iPod startup yet.

Thanks. If yall have any idea for any other videos that you may want to see. Just let me know. I have nothing but time right now because i just finished up summer school.

For the long ipod wait on your video, could you search through the menu and maps and ipod with the little message up? Or was it just the VR setting up while the rest of the unit was functional?

You can search through other menues, though its def. slow because it seems that the unit it thinking too much. However when the ipod VR is setting up, you can ONLY switch songs by pushing the next button and they have to be in the same playlist or artist that was up before the last shut down.

I actually love the F700BT. After messing with it for 2 days and just turning off the VR it only takes about 30 seconds to full boot. I only turn on VR when on long trips anyways. Also the Ipod interface is so much better than the D3. You can actually push the menu button on the ipod interface and choose songs and then speed browse by starting letter.

just curious...can you watch movies on the 700BT?

say .mpg/.avi files from the SD card?

Or is that the function only from the 900BT/90BT

Thanks.

it doesnt have a dvd player liek the 900 or 90. however it has ipod video playback and you can load movies via sd or usb, but they hafta be a certain format. im not sure wat kind since i use the ipod

just curious...can you watch movies on the 700BT?

say .mpg/.avi files from the SD card?

Or is that the function only from the 900BT/90BT

Thanks.

it doesnt have a dvd player liek the 900 or 90. however it has ipod video playback and you can load movies via sd or usb, but they hafta be a certain format. im not sure wat kind since i use the ipod

Have to be MP4 format.

Why must everything you post be in bolded blue text? :?

Just to pi$$ you off. hahaha JK

I am partially color blind and blue is a color i can see good, sorry if it upsets you, its just easy on my old eyes. hahaha JK Wouldnt you feel like an a$$ if it was true. I dont know but this will be the last post, just for you hifisi :roll::wink:

I was just asking. It's not a big deal or anything. I fit helps you read it, go for it.

But if you need it like that for you to be able to read it better, if you are using firefox you can go into the content tab of the options menu and set what size, font, and color default text for the browser is, and even use that to override web site's default text values.