AVIC411.com

Dvds dont play PLEASE HELP - NEWBIE

It seams as I bypassed everything fine since it thinks the e-breaks up an doesent give me the message or anything, but it gives me errors when I stick dvds in. PLEASE HELP !

also since I am still in progress of installing, I cannot figure out where/how to plug the gps antenna because the ends are different.

Thanks in advance, I tried to search but failed to find anything helpful.

well, im tired, my cars a mess, and I wanna be able to use it asap, Im gon go to a proffesional for 150 and he said 100% it will play dvds, so ill take pics and prove you guys wrong

Thanks all

If you find a way to make the D2 play regular DVDs without using an external DVD player, then I would love for you to prove me wrong.

FYI, my installer also tried playing a regular DVD through the D2 until he got the error message and remembered it can't, so don't get your hopes up.

It absolutely cannot play DVD's.

I would be willing to place a big wager on this too! :wink:

I have the D1/D2 service manuals.

There is NO MPEG decoder chip or audio/video chips in the DVD drive whatsoever.

Interestingly enough, there are 3 versions of the DVD drive unit. One is a DVD-ROM only (what's in the D1/D2), one has the audio/video chips and can play video, and one has all that and additional support for DVD-Audio. The drive units themselves have a composite video output and standard audio line outs. They could very easily have supported DVD video on the D1/D2 using parts off the corporate assembly lines and I'm not sure why they didn't.