AVIC411.com

VSS on a 2007 Avalanche

Hey everyone,

Just found this site! lots of good info here........

I`m installing a D3 in my 2007 Avalanche and looking for the speed signal location and where to pick up the reverse gear signal. Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Ron

In most GM vehicles these days it is best to use an interface to get what u need to install a NAV radio. Or any radio for that matter. You will need to know a few things to decide which interface to use. Does the vehicle have Onstar and do you want it to continue to work ? Does it have rear seat entertainment (factory DVD) ? Do you want warning chimes, such as key in ignition, lights left on, door ajar, low fuel level, etc. to continue to work. These chimes are generated in the factory radio and will not work when replacing radio unless you use the correct interface. Do you have Bose or premium digital amplified system ?

There are interfaces by

Metra

Axxess by Metra

PAC

P.I.E.

Peripheral

Most interfaces will provide:

Ground

constant 12v

RAP (retained or delayed Accessory power)

Brake

Reverse

VSS

Illumination

speaker or RCA inputs depending on what type system you are replacing.

Thanks Stereodan,

Searched your posts and many others here on the forum, AWESOME INFO!

I`m Installing with a Metra 2 din install kit and PAC interfaces..... (steering wheel control and bose interfaces.)

I think i`ve got everything nailed down except the location of the VSS and reverse gear wires on the 2007 Avalanche.

Thank you for the heads up.

I`m Looking for a wiring diagram position of VSS and reverse gear in a 2007 avalanche.

Thanks in advance!

Ron

Hey everyone,

Just found this site! lots of good info here........

I`m installing a D3 in my 2007 Avalanche and looking for the speed signal location and where to pick up the reverse gear signal. Pictures would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Ron

i have the same truck... and have the D3 in it as well

the Pac-audio has the wire labeled for you as well as the metra kit does as well..

i went with the metra kit as it has the reverse wire in the kit while the pac didn't.

and to make a pain, the metra kit doesn't have the data wire you need to connect the steering wheel to the pac audio swi-ps where the pac audio os3bose does.

as i said i went with the metra kit as i'd rather dig for the steerig wheel wire vs the reverse wire

to find the wire to connect the swi-ps for steering wheel control.. it's located to the left of the steering wheel shaft under the dash. that is your BCM, there is several plugs, you want the top 'green' male plug. in that plug u will be looking for the light green wire....

when looking at the back side of the plug that wire is located at the top second spot from the left to the right.

also another toy to think about..

the JL stealth sub replacement for inside the center console.. Sounds Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dash kit ------- Metra's 99-3305

wiring harness ---- Metra Axxess GMOS LAN 02

Details

Radio Replacement Interface for select GM / Chevrolet vehicles 2006-up. This Harness will allow you to retain Onstar, RAP & FACTORY AMPLIFIERS (Bose, Monsoon etc.). It is not included in our standard free harness offer when a head unit is purchased.

2007 GMC Yukon (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche (WITH FACTORY AMPS)

Not compatible with Denali

Dont forget the attn adaptor!

there is a jumper on the chime, you defantly want to remove it to tone it down a little

when the label is facing upwards, it's the bottom jumper closest to the circit board. and adjust the OnStar before putting it all away (it's in the instructions.)

as well, behind the deck you will need to cut out the plastic that faces you when you remove the factory deck (as it's in the way for the D3 to tuck in there).

pull all access wiring from the deck under it when sliding it into place or it won't go in all the way.

Thanks Ron, Glad i could help!

I also installed the JL Steath box that replaces the factory Bose that is hidding in the center console..

if you have any questions about that fire away.. i didn't take any pics though (kicking myself for not)..

btw the sound of that sub is Perfect!!! sounds great and anyone that is in the truck always looks around to try to find the sub.. it's great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am installing a avic z3 in my 07 avalanche and I can't find the right harness for it. What web site has it I know metra makes it but I can't find a site for metra. I have the premium bose and on star and back up sensor and would like to keep all that is there a certain harness that does all that or is it all seperate. I would like to keep my steering wheel controls as well. is there a built in amp in the avalanche LTZ or is built in the radio because i would like to put that JL stealth box in as well but don't know if it needs another amp. Can anyone help please.

Use peripheral's GMAHL1

ACC Out

VSS

Illum

reverse

parking brake

Steering Wheel Controls output to be used with PESWIPS

Retains XM (if you have rear seat controls), Reverse sensors, onstar and door chimes.

Works for amplified or non amplified vehicles.