AVIC411.com

Cleaning the Screen

Any cheap/home remedies? Anyone??

Sandpaper (any grit) and rubbing alcohol seem to work great for me. For stubborn marks, I can usually just stab at the screen with a pen or pencil until I can't see the mark anymore.

Just go to a Sunglass Hut or similar optics boutique type place (If you have a mall near you, there's probably like 10 of these places in it) and buy a sunglass cleaning kit. It's a small spray bottle of cleaner and a microfiber cleaning cloth that come in a little bag.

Just go to a Sunglass Hut or similar optics boutique type place (If you have a mall near you, there's probably like 10 of these places in it) and buy a sunglass cleaning kit. It's a small spray bottle of cleaner and a microfiber cleaning cloth that come in a little bag.

I just tried your previous way to clean and it has my screen all messed up man! I cant beleive it didnt mess up your screen. Maybe I used to heavy of a grit of sand paper. I used 80 grit and now I can bearly make out what my screen says. And when I jabbed it with a pen it left like dented marks. Maybe I did something wrong.? Can you help me?

Don't use glass cleaner, this will mess up the LCD screen. The best thing I've found to use is a soft damp cloth. Don't use anything with chemicals in it.

The following is from the Pioneer D3 owners manual:

• When removing dust from the LCD screen or

cleaning the LCD screen, first turn the system

power off, then wipe with a soft dry cloth.

• When wiping the LCD screen, take care not to

scratch the surface. Do not use harsh or abrasive

chemical cleaners.