AVIC411.com

Activate Voice Commands via Wired Remote?

Has anyone succeeded in using a steering wheel controller / wired remote for voice activation, like the MS Sync?

I am considering getting a F900bt with the PAC SWI-PS steering wheel adapter. It has the following programmable commands:

From the PAC Manual:

1. Volume Up

2. Volume Down

3. Mute

4. Track Up/Seek Up

5. Track Down/Seek Down

6. Source

7. Preset Up/Disc Up

8. Preset Down/Disc Down

9. Band

Do all of these commands do exactly what they say they do? A guy on another car forum I frequent installed this unit with his F700bt. He Found that the source button through the wired remote cycles through as follows: CD - iPod - FM - AM...

My theory is, if the source button cycles through the radio bands, of what use is programmable option #9 (band) above? Maybe this option has been programmed to activate voice commands instead on the unit?

Does anyone know? It seems hard to believe that Pioneer would sell this unit without a wired remote option to activate the voice commands...

This is the Main reason why I have not yet installed the PAC steering wheel control adapter is because of its lack of Voice command button.

So For now I am using the Pioneer IR Remote since that remote has everything including the voice command and bluetooth buttons on it.

Does anyone know?

i don't think anyone know yet, but I highly doubt that PAC has made any changes to their product for the F-Series, so my guess is probably not.

It seems hard to believe that Pioneer would sell this unit without a wired remote option to activate the voice commands...

It seems hard to believe Pioneer would sell this unit at all with all of the problems it has, so my guess is they're not too concerned with a feature request like this (albeit an incredibly functional one that I would love to have).

This is the Main reason why I have not yet installed the PAC steering wheel control adapter is because of its lack of Voice command button.

So For now I am using the Pioneer IR Remote since that remote has everything including the voice command and bluetooth buttons on it.

The F-Series doesn't have an IR receiver, how are you using an IR remote? I'm guessing you're referring to the Z-series since that's what your avatar is of.

I don't think anyone know yet, but I highly doubt that PAC has made any changes to their product for the F-Series, so my guess is probably not.

Yeah. If it doesn't work, I don't think it would take too much on the part of the Pioneer developers to put an option for it in the settings screen.

Something like:

Interpret wired "band" input as:

[]FM -> AM -> Sirius -> XM band

[]Voice Activate

Something like that. So you can make the commands the unit receives from the wired remote port customizable.

If there are any Pioneer developers on here, this would be a great feature for a future firmware upgrade *hint* *hint*