AVIC411.com

Lots of retailers online selling the F-series

Looks like wilddigital is a bait and swith company.

When I called them, the rep asked me whether I wanted the OEM or Retail unit.

Apparently the item listed for $750 is an oem unit with no harness or dvd cd while the Retail unit is $100 more.

Avoid this place like the plague.

That being one of the main reasons not to jump into buying products from untrusted sources online just because their prices are outrageously low. There's usually a reason they are so low. And you end up paying for it in the end.

Ikesound.com has good prices too, but hasn't populated description or image yet. I've never bought from them, but a buddy of mine has been buying from them for years now and very happy with their customer service.

Pioneer AVIC-F500BT $485.00

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT $679.00

Pioneer AVIC-F90BT $829.00

I bought an Infinity Basslink from them around six years ago. It was advertised as being new and in unopened box. When I got it, it was in an open box, poorly packed (stuff in wrong compartments of box), had a flier for their store inside the supposedly-unopened box, and both the gain and bass-boost knobs were at maximum. It seemed clear that it had been installed and maybe even abused.

I emailed them and found them to be pretty non-responsive. Eventually they said I could return it if I wanted to. Granted it was six years ago, but it was frustrating enough that I won't be doing business with them again.

I've been looking around for a good price on a 900/90 and from my research if its too good to be true then it very might well be.

Try running a google search on ikesound and you'll find the horror stories.

Despite the attractive price, its one risk im not willing to take.

After my post my boss actually said he had bought some stuff from ikesound as well with no issue, but he didn't need customer support....There site seems a bit sketchy with no info about what they are actually authorized in and no info on units that have been released for over a month (excluding the obvious shipping holds).

I'm sticking with al-eds myself since as its evident through this forum that they are going for 110% customer service.

No you didn't. Unless they sent you a receipt with the authorized dealers name on it. Even then, when Pioneer runs the serial on your unit if you need to return it for service, it must match their records as being sold to that authorized dealer or there going to deny your warranty. If your receipt or email of your transaction says ANYTHING about ebay, your screwed.

They might be new but the warranty won't be honored by Pioneer.

well i got mine off ebay and i got the full warranty.

Direct from the Pioneer website (LINK)...

"Pioneer does NOT authorize any of its dealers to sell new products on eBay. Pioneer's agreements with its dealers prohibit sales on eBay. Accordingly, Pioneer does not offer its limited manufacturer's warranty or rebates for products purchased from any dealers on eBay."

Good luck with that full warranty!... :wink:

-Eric

the guy got it from best buy and sold it to me on ebay for 740 dollars when it first came out he some how returned his d2 and they gave him a brand new d3. i already had a problem with my unit and called pioneer and it was still under warranty. so... i really dont know how but i guess im lucky.