AVIC411.com

We are finally getting are update! D3....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there is any way to burn them and sell a bunch of copies? That would be great. I am about to get my D3 in a week and I dont feel like spending another 250 for some upgraded maps.

You could burn tons of copies and sell them on ebay or whatever... but burning and selling copyrighted material is pretty damn illegal, and if you do that, depending on how much you do it and if you get caught, you could end up with a fine or even jail time.

You could also rip a disk image and upload it as a torrent for others to download for free. Also illegal, but also not really ever monitored all that much so chances are you won't get in trouble for that.

how do u reply to so many threads without knowing when they were posted, or when you respond to another members post?

Everything with an orange mark next to it has had at least 1 new post since the last time you were at the site. Everything without an orange mark next to it has not changed since the last time you were here.

new-posts-topics.jpg

the firmware update should be available for download for free. I assume it will be since the recent Z2 firmware update was.

We're talking about updated map disk(s) for the D and N series units here, not the firmware update for the F-series. It's pretty much guaranteed that they are gonna be $250 just like all of Pioneer's update disks that have been put out in the past.

No, im talking about the firmware update that Pioneer promised for the D3. We shouldnt have to spend $250 to get the firmware update to make the unit function properly. Everyone is assuming the firmware update will be part of the map update, but what about those that don't want/need the updated maps but want the unit to finally function the way it should (assuming they actually fix it)

No, im talking about the firmware update that Pioneer promised for the D3. We shouldnt have to spend $250 to get the firmware update to make the unit function properly. Everyone is assuming the firmware update will be part of the map update, but what about those that don't want/need the updated maps but want the unit to finally function the way it should (assuming they actually fix it)

A firmware update most likely wouldn't be part of these disks... because they aren't just for the D3. When Pioneer put the page up for the update disks for that one day a couple of weeks back (I'm guessing by accident) the description for them stated that they were for all of the D series and N series units... I'm not sure how they would be able to include a firmware update for the one unit in particular when they are meant to be compatible with all those different models. But I guess anything is possible. We won't really know anything until they go public with the information of what's actually included and for what units they are for.

Also, I don't recall Pioneer ever promising (or even ever mentioning) a firmware update for the D3...

Im pretty sure i read something in the Pioneer 2008 Road Show coverage where Pioneer said they were working on an update for the D3 with a new routing algorithm, but I know for sure that they promised it to me over the phone when i called to complain about how terrible the routing algorithm is. Of course they also said it would be available in April, and that hasn't happened so who knows...