AVIC411.com

Are you having this problem too?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you having this problem too?

• Yes
    • No

I'm sure this is just ANOTHER bug with the system, but I'm having problems with the music playback. I have a 4GB microSD in a SD adapter. It will playback music or video but for some reason, it won't play an entire song before skipping to the next track. It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to make it annoying. I was thinking perhaps it was the microSD to SD adapter, but it works fine with other components (Wii, PC, etc). What gives?

I've had no problems with the SD playback. I've been using a 2gig card with no problems. I just ordered a 4gig card so once it's in I'll post again if I have problems.

On a side note, I just noticed Circuit City now has the F900BT on their site with an arrival time of 8/23/08. I hope that doesn't imply the fix will take that long. Mine seems to be working fine with the exception of the bluetooth (LG Chocolate) audio garbled in both directions (even with mic unplugged) and the slow boot up. XM works fine, the SD audio works fine, DVD works fine, navigation seems ok but haven't really used it much. I'm not into IPods so can't comment on that. I'm calling Pioneer tomorrow and see what I can find out about an upgrade. I'm getting close to my 30 days to return and might just end up with a Kenwood 8120 if there's no definate fix date. I'm beginning to admire the bigger screen on the 8120 also. Hate to lose the SD capability but can always put it in a USB adapter and go that route.

only time I have a problem on my 1gb card (only one I've tested so far) is when i'm on map mode & it changes song titles. It stutters for a split second and keeps going right as it's changing the song title that displays on the bottom right.

I'm sure this is just ANOTHER bug with the system, but I'm having problems with the music playback. I have a 4GB microSD in a SD adapter. It will playback music or video but for some reason, it won't play an entire song before skipping to the next track. It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to make it annoying. I was thinking perhaps it was the microSD to SD adapter, but it works fine with other components (Wii, PC, etc). What gives?

I've had this with USB playback. Even worse, after playing (and cutting off) a few tracks, it started the next one very quietly - when I pressed the track skip buton to see if the next one was better, all I got was a full volume screech (literally just a burst of noise, not music) from the speakers. Not very nice, especially when there's 150w per side on tap from the amp!! It's been OK since, but something like that could be dangerously distracting at the wrong time :shock:

I have not had music from the SD cut out, but I have had a more annoying and potentially dangerous thing happen on my F700BT while playing music from the SD card.

I was playing music from the SD card. The music stopped (I think when it finished playing all mp3s in the folder). The interface completely locked up and was unresponsive. Then there were several half-second blasts of music from the CD source at seemingly full volume (ignoring the current volume set with the knob). This continued at a rate of a half-second blast every 5 seconds or so until the disc eject button was pressed. The eject button worked and the interface became responsive with nothing appearing to be wrong.

I have not had music from the SD cut out, but I have had a more annoying and potentially dangerous thing happen on my F700BT while playing music from the SD card.

I was playing music from the SD card. The music stopped (I think when it finished playing all mp3s in the folder). The interface completely locked up and was unresponsive. Then there were several half-second blasts of music from the CD source at seemingly full volume (ignoring the current volume set with the knob). This continued at a rate of a half-second blast every 5 seconds or so until the disc eject button was pressed. The eject button worked and the interface became responsive with nothing appearing to be wrong.

LOL ! Sorry I'm laughing at your precarious situation but I've never seen so many problems from a car audio system.How and I repeat, how did these the units pass QA? It seems like every week there's a new problem popping up. Frankly, I honestly don't see how they're going to correct these problems 100% unless they completely remove the firmware and install a completely new one. Sorry I highjacked your thread. Have the problem repeated?

• 2 weeks later...
Latest firmware DOES NOT solve this issue. I have lost all faith in Pioneer as a company. I think I'm going to move forward with my lawsuit over false advertisement. Anybody remember the Palm Treo incidents...?

The problem with losing ipod playback after the update (apparently one other person has it) has sent me over the edge.

I am going to pull it out this weekend.

Question, do ALL NAV units (read, Kenwood) take 2 minutes to boot or is this really that bad? Reason I ask is that I am planning on going back to plain old CD/MP3 system. I dont need this frustration.

Latest firmware DOES NOT solve this issue. I have lost all faith in Pioneer as a company. I think I'm going to move forward with my lawsuit over false advertisement. Anybody remember the Palm Treo incidents...?

The problem with losing ipod playback after the update (apparently one other person has it) has sent me over the edge.

I am going to pull it out this weekend.

Question, do ALL NAV units (read, Kenwood) take 2 minutes to boot or is this really that bad? Reason I ask is that I am planning on going back to plain old CD/MP3 system. I dont need this frustration.

Nope! I have an Eclipse Nav Unit.Its ready to play after 10 or 15 secs.

I've always had these couple songs cutting out at the same point(near the end) and after the update the issues were fixed for about iono, 3days? today when it randomly played that song again, it was cut out once again, at the same spot. The pioneer update was useless i hope they r workin on their next update. -.-

Yup, almost everytime, worse with navi on.

As for the update, 99% of my problems were not fixed. Some things i didn't consider to be a problem (touch screen senstivity and brightness) were improved but nothing else. I feel i'm in the "pre beta" stage personally and can't believe they are rereleasing it after the update. I'm still relatively content with mine but i can see how people are not happy.