AVIC411.com

I just installed my 900BT and can't seem to get the backup camera to work at all. A little background...this is in a 2007 Toyota Tundra withouth the JBL system. Everything works fine with the new Nav system (yes i have the same bugs but i'm dealing with them). The camera is a Boyo VTL420. The way i have it wired is i ran the camera cable under the truck and into the cab grounding the ground wire to one of two ground bolts i have the other stereo grounds grounded to, plugged the RCA into the brown backup camera plug on the receiver harness and i tapped the VCC+ hot wire from the camera to the reverse wire from my truck where i have the reverse wire from the Pioneer unit tapped.

Do i have the VCC+ wire connected to the right place or should I have tapped the battery wire from the Pioneer harness? I've checked the reverse wire connections and when i put the truck in reverse they are hot. But the camera never turns on. And I did turn the camera feature on in the Pioneer menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you'll want the camera to have constant power when the ignition is on, otherwise you won't be able to view the camera while driving (Select "Rear View" at the top right of the "AV Source" menu). Also, check that the "Polarity" setting on the camera setup screen is correct. You can choose between "Battery" and "Ground". If your reverse lead gets 12V when in reverse, set it to "Battery". If the reverse lead becomes grounded when in reverse, select "Ground".

-Eric

My reverse lead does get 12v when in reverse (I checked that with a test light after I connected everything) so hopefully my only problem is not having the camera to a constant power source. I will use the red wire in the harness so it will be switched. And I do have battery selected in the menu.

• 2 weeks later...