AVIC411.com

OK i have a Z-2 in my TC but my dad is looking to add an f-90bt series to his GT. I have a few questions but first let me tell you that he has the Shaker 500 stereo system in his car. Ok now the list.

1. Is the Bypass done the same way as my z-2?

2. What all do I need to do this install? I know I need harnesses and stuff like that but what other extra stuff do i need.

3 Has anyone done this yet? Cause if so I step by step would be greatly appreciated.

I would go with the 900bt instead of the 90 unless you are going to add an external amp for the 4 main cabin speakers. The factory amps for the shaker 500 door subs have a hard wired gain for a preamp signal right around the 2v range. If you run them off of the 4v preouts of the 90bt, they will clip hard, and low in the volume range relative to the rest of the speakers. Your other option would be to splice in a trimpot in-line before the factory amps.

I was never succesful at getting a 4v source adjusted to be loud enough to notice and NOT clip the cheap factory amp.