AVIC411.com

Has anyone heard of a possible date when these things are going to ship? Ive bought a D3 three weeks ago (not installed yet), then saw that the F series (F900BT) in a FutureShop flyer, so I delayed my installation, but I havent been able to find any mention from Pioneer or otherwise with even a hint on when it will actually release?

I really want the SD card functionality, but damn...does Pioneer always just leave you in the dark like this when they recall something? Ive got until Wednesday before my time is up to return the D3 and the accessories for a refund, be nice if they could throw out a friggin bone here.

From what I've heard from alot of retailers and Pioneer Canada themselves is that they have delayed shipment to fix the issues.

Whatever stock that has been shipped out to retailers are being sold. Anything that hasn't shipped out from Pioneer will likely stay that way until they can iron out the bugs.

I'm planning a trip to Buffalo soon, I'll likely be getting mine via cross-border.

Maybe im not the majority here, but id rather have a unit thats slow booting up and has minor glitches than nothing at all... throwing in an update at a later time is no big deal.

Guy at Future Shop is giving me a sweet deal, $850 for the F900BT, so I dont wanna just walk away, but damn... its maddening not even having a rough idea on a release.... days..weeks....months?

Guess not much I can do about but whine/complain/wait.

Maybe im not the majority here, but id rather have a unit thats slow booting up and has minor glitches than nothing at all... throwing in an update at a later time is no big deal.

Guy at Future Shop is giving me a sweet deal, $850 for the F900BT, so I dont wanna just walk away, but damn... its maddening not even having a rough idea on a release.... days..weeks....months?

Guess not much I can do about but whine/complain/wait.

That is a damn good deal, is this a friend via employee discount?

If they can sell that low im curious as to what their cost is.

It is their cost... he showed me right on the screen. Its because they screwed up my installation twice for my D3 unit... first time they got the wrong trim piece for my car, the second attempt they didnt realize my car has a wired plug for the antenna, not a coaxial, so they had to order an adapter... then the F series was in their flyer, so I asked for that, and they said no problem, and delays delays ever since, so the guy felt bad that I have $2500 worth of audio crap piled in my garage waiting a month to be installed, so he said he'd give me the unit for cost when it came in.

Also, if you saw that 1 day "Canada Day" sale on the Future Shop website, they had it up for $935 (reg $1099.99 - 15% off), so hes really only giving me an extra $85 off that sale price.

Ya, I saw that one but I didn't pull the trigger, it wasn't even in stock and at that price it can be had cheaper via an authorized dealer in the states.

I'd prefer to buy it locally but I need a JDM double din kit for my car and the seller is unwilling to ship it here.

Anywho, just like you I dont mind buying it now and then applying the firmware update.

Its better then my girlfriend singing Celine Dion while I have no stereo.

I don't want to gloat but Pioneer Employee Discount for Retailers is

$650 for the F900BT

From the information I got from the Pioneer rep for my retailer, were not getting the F series until August/September.

They are working on the many issues found with the early release in June.

I don't want to gloat but Pioneer Employee Discount for Retailers is

$650 for the F900BT

From the information I got from the Pioneer rep for my retailer, were not getting the F series until August/September.

They are working on the many issues found with the early release in June.

Thats good to know on the release date, thanks schwatrz... makes me feel better about getting my D3 installed on Wednesday, I was worried id get it installed and then see an announcement that the F's are shipping a day later.

As for 650 cost... damn! Buy one for me, ill give you an extra 150 bones for your time. :)

actually, when you get something from accommodations, your stuck on a contract to not sell/or buy another item of the same type for atleast a year

also limited to 1 item per year (accessories are unlimited)

Its no biggie for me though since the only unit I really want is the F900BT