AVIC411.com

hey guys i just joined here and have no idea what i need for my car. i have a 2003 mercedes c240 with factory headunit and speakers. im lookin to put 2 subs in the back and a new headunit in the front. i dont need a DVD or gps pioneer headunit cuz im lookin to spend 150 and under on the headunit. my cousin tells me i need new speakers to go along with the subs if i get them. if you guys could lead me in the right direction that would be great. thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough but it may help to be a little more specific with what you are looking to do. you mentioned a budget but what about space options in the back? Are you brand loyal, or will the generic walmart stuff work? What is it you are really looking for?

Eric

Remember you get what you pay for, but you could get a single din hu with a decent quality for 150. But you also need to figure in the wiring harnesses and the dash kit, but www.crutchfield.com usually does pretty well on those.

Go with any alpine or pioneer, You can never go wrong with those.

As for speakers, Its usually recommended to upgrade becuase the factory uses built in equilizers to mask the poor quality of the speakers so when you upgrade the Headunit, the speakers dont sound as good becuase the hu is putting out a stronger and more clear signal. It isnt a requirement tho.