AVIC411.com

Ford F150 - Finished Product

Just providing some finished product pictures for other 2004+ F150 owners that may be perusing this forum.

All operations function as expected.

All components are in the dash - plenty of room. GPS antenna under the top dash tray (plastic). Sirius antenna already on roof from prior aftermarket system, just plugged into the SC-C1 box.

Had to extended the rear sensing line to reach taillight for back-up camera.

AVIC-F900BT (Crutchfield.com)

GEX-P10HD - HD Tuner w/ Metra Y Antenna splitter

CD-SB10 & SC-C1 - Sirius Radio

CD-IU230V - iPod A/V Cable for iPod Touch

CD-RB10 - Aux-in Adapter

Boyo Back-up Camera

Amplified MTX Thunderform - Single 12"

Polk Audio db571 x 4

AT&T Samsung Blackjack

post-20244-12872754685064_thumb.jpg

post-20244-12872754685884_thumb.jpg

post-20244-12872754686672_thumb.jpg

post-20244-12872754687298_thumb.jpg

post-20244-1287275468816_thumb.jpg

Very OEM ! Which is how i prefer...

is the deck functioning as designed or casuing the flaws that i read up on?

I too was pleased with the OEM-like finish. I was prepared to fight with the dash kit to get the most flush like appearance, but it worked out.

It has the usual "flaws" that are reported here.

The bluetooth link and the ipod cataloging for voice recognition take the longest. But the ipod is functional for skipping forward or backward a track at a time.

The back up camera works almost immediately. And the last source played takes about 30 seconds to hear music.

Personally, the delays don't bother me. I start up my vehicle first anyway, (it's hot in south Texas, I need the a/c), and by the time I put on the seat belt, back out of the driveway and start on my way I have music.

And professionally speaking, as an auto insurance adjuster, you don't need the distractions of music, navigation, etc while your backing, so it's good to have that delay IMHO. Everyday I see a lot of people have a hard time just backing up.

I will admit to using the bypass, but I did it for use of the navigation functions while in motion that are otherwise non-functioning.

thanks for your thoughts..

the reverse camera was one of the greatest things that can be added, if not, it is the greatest..

so using that first is important to me, glad to hear it works right away..

i was in Houston once, Goodman (HVAC company) flew me out there for a few days.. it was Hot !

don't really like the waiting 30 seconds, but i'm sure i could live with it. i like the music on while i'm outside connecting the work trailer.

I have the D3 now, but going to switch to either the F90BT or the Z3.. just taking the next week to pick.. and i'm still at a loss to which one i wnat to go with..

Looks clean... I have the Z2 in mine F150 I think it looks more factory though.. the chrome wheel stands out. I have a f90bt that I bought installed and now it sits on the shelf because I had to many problems. I put the Z back in and I think I will stick with that for awhile.. but it sure looks good on your truck...

Looks clean... I have the Z2 in mine F150 I think it looks more factory though.. the chrome wheel stands out. I have a f90bt that I bought installed and now it sits on the shelf because I had to many problems. I put the Z back in and I think I will stick with that for awhile.. but it sure looks good on your truck...

looks good but that Big A$$ chrome Button REally Stand out!

Does the CDRB10 work okay? I have had problems with it in the past with navigation systems for some reason

I added it "just is case", but I haven't tested it out yet.

Might be something I try out this weekend to see what happens.

My f90bt does not recognize the CDRB10

great install!

quick question though...how does that glossy finish look in person?

would you prefer a matte finish to go along with your dash?

I wouldn't mind a matte finish but the glossy finish doesn't bother me. Same goes for the chrome multi-function knob.

Because of the shiny chrome bezels around the a/c vents I think they both blend ok with the dash.

Most friends that have seen it in person haven't said anything about the gloss finish, but they may not want to hurt my feelings :?