AVIC411.com

2008 4runner urban runner and Avic Z3

hey all, i just bought a 2008 4runner urban runner which comes with the stupid lil tomtom removable gps. nonetheless i hate it, the screen is tiny and it looks ugly. the dealership offered an upgrade to the avic z3 with backup cam, which i purchased. they are ordering the parts today.

1. will the z3 fit in my 4runner?

2. will i have full functionality with ipod/mp3 players

3. will the mode, channel, and volume buttons on the steering wheel work?

i just bought the 4runner a few days ago and i never knew about the upgraded nav option or anything about the pioneer z3. so im really in the dark here.

how is the z3? :)

The answer to each of your questions is yes, but it depends on the installation. These options may require additional modules, which cost (plus the additional time for the tech to figure them out). Check with your dealer before he does the install and make sure he's installing the configuration you want.

I love my z1. I will soon update it to z3.

I have a friend with the z3 in a scion and his required an adapter to port the steering wheel controls over, and also required an ipod cord. Im not sure if the z3 needs an adapter for aux becuase the d3 has aux rcas in the back. And yes, it will fit the car.

toyota installed the avic z3 in my 4runner urban runner and now come to find out the steering wheel controls dont work.

they said the harness or whatever for the steering wheel and z3 doesn't exist, thus they were not able to connect them. they said they hope that the company will make a compatible harness in the future. boo

has any1 ran into this problem?

• 1 month later...
toyota installed the avic z3 in my 4runner urban runner and now come to find out the steering wheel controls dont work.

they said the harness or whatever for the steering wheel and z3 doesn't exist, thus they were not able to connect them. they said they hope that the company will make a compatible harness in the future. boo

has any1 ran into this problem?

Yea they do have a kit out it's avail that work's into the steering wheels controls on Toyota Jbl model's. If i recall pac makes them and try this link

http://www.shop.com/+-a-toyota+steering ... 6-st.shtml