AVIC411.com

Custom Guages Help

I have searched and read a bit on the topic but can't find a complete post on if this has been done or is possible. I have found 2 images on the DVD that are gauge faces, but only the center has hash marks, neither image shows a needle or escalating numbers.

I have made a few custom gauges I would like to use, but need a little more insight on the topic.

Thanks.

b.jpg

The needles are part of the GUI and are not changeable. The 2 side gauges are selectable as to what you want displayed on them, so they can't show a fixed scale unlike the center one which shows only a speedometer.

To make custom ones, you have to rip the nav disk image to your computer, edit the gauge image files however you wish (they have to use the same file names as the originals though IIRC) and then burn the custom disk image on to a dual layer DVD-R.

Also curious about one last thing, that is seemingly related:

The following files on my disk have a 0 byte file size, what are these and is this normal? If it is not normal is there a way for me to get just these images?

SENSORBN.jpg

SENSORCD.JPG

SENSORCN.JPG

SENSORD.JPG

SENSORMD.JPG

If anyone has these I would appreciate a copy to finish my disk. Only if they are not supposed to be 0 bytes that is.

Thanks.

I assume the gauges are just a temporary wallpaper when you run them, as the needles are within the gui. I haven't done such research yet as i just got my D3 the other day, but i will have it decompiled and figured out when I get a chance to sit down with it.

I assume the gauges are just a temporary wallpaper when you run them, as the needles are within the gui. I haven't done such research yet as i just got my D3 the other day, but i will have it decompiled and figured out when I get a chance to sit down with it.

That would be the obvious thing to assume given the information above. Pertaining to my issue of the 0 byte files on the disk; trying to find a use for them or a cause for their size.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have searched and read a bit on the topic but can't find a complete post on if this has been done or is possible. I have found 2 images on the DVD that are gauge faces, but only the center has hash marks, neither image shows a needle or escalating numbers.

I have made a few custom gauges I would like to use, but need a little more insight on the topic.

Thanks.

b.jpg

I was wondering if you were actually able to change the gauges on your radio. I have an AVIC-D3 and want to change the gauges. I was able to copy image of one of the original gauges and modified it to look like the gauges on my 04 Cobra so they would match and look like the radio came with the vehicle. I just dont know how to get the custom gauge image onto D3. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here is an image of the Gauge I created.

SENSORBN.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...