AVIC411.com

installed the unit a couple weeks ago. bypassed the entire stock system because i put in aftermarket speakers. i am using the internal amp and have the speakers connected directly to the F700BT.

it worked great for the first 2 weeks. i went on a road trip and all audio cut out for like 10-15 min. i thought it was a fluke. it did it the other day again and resetting the system didn't even work. then it mysteriously came back on after i started the car a few times.

it just did it again yesterday and today (it's still not working) and i pulled the unit out to double check the connections and everything looks fine.

ideas?

(i can't even hear the annoying beep from using the touch screen)

really check the wire harnesses. They take a good ammounbt of force to put in, and may look installed, but not. 10 to 1 thats it

I did this. I kept the radio removed from the dash while i tested it and the clip was fully in and snug.

Double check the mute connection in the harness, any chance that it's being grounded?

It is grounded but I used the bypass.

The internal amp shuts down if there is a short on just one of the speakers or wire. Try disconnecting them all, and just hook up one at a time to determine which speakers is shutting it down.

This seems like it must be the issue. I am going to remove the doors this weekend and make sure there are no shorts.

For the time being though.. it decided to work today.