AVIC411.com

Firmware Update Problem (RESOLUTION) Z1 & Z2

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded the files like it said then I also did the force reflash. Every time I try to execute it tells me "no program file" I've downloaded the program twice and copied it twice but still the same comment. Now when the unit turns on it says loading navigation and then it says update failed. It just keeps going in a look between those screens.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am frustrated with this unit and having no music while driving.

• 1 month later...

I had to do this tonight, because I had the same freezing issue with my Z2 that had increased in severity over the last couple of days (and it's not been hot at all around here, nor has it been that cold). I applied the firmware this morning, but after downloading all the files, I had the looping reset issue. I followed the instructions above (and thanks much to GnatGoSplat!), but would like to make a couple of additional notes:

3. The "password input screen" is a screen that says, "PRESS RESET OR RESTART ENGINE". At this point, enter the password in step 4, and the test mode menu will appear.

6. Page 2 has the menu item you're looking for (PROGRAM FORCED WRITE). Page 3 has only one menu item.

8. Once you select PLATFORM, you have three choices: USB, DISK, and HDD. Select DISK, then press V to execute the forced write.

When you see the Success message, press the MENU button 5 times to reset the unit. Your unit should reboot and bring up the splash screen.

Can you tell me where you got the firmware update???

pionner wants to charge me $16 for the answer. If I have to I'll pay it but if not .... Also has anyone else had problems with the maps being woefully out dated? I was trying to find a address for a friend who has lived in the same place for years (prior to 07) and the nav couldn't find the address/street anything. I'm also having problems with the multiroute feaature.

• 3 months later...

so i burned myself a disc for the firmware update as described here...been waiting for the disc to just start updating....then i tried going into the program forced write

i was able to execute the steps as instructed...but at the end of the re-flashing got the success message...pushed the menu button 5 times..but instead of getting my Z2 to reboot it tells me to push reset or restart engine?

anybody have a solution or explanation why i keep coming back to this screen after several successful re-flashes?

I tried to run the firmware update on my Z2 and have the same problem as goldenboy did. Any advice?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys after searching foe a long time I came across this forum and did the steps that are mentioned above but when I get to the last step of press "v" on disk I get the message "there is no program file".

It's the same problem that esfour was having. I know this is an old forum but I need help with this issue

Hey guys after searching foe a long time I came across this forum and did the steps that are mentioned above but when I get to the last step of press "v" on disk I get the message "there is no program file".

It's the same problem that esfour was having. I know this is an old forum but I need help with this issue

• 2 years later...