AVIC411.com

Phone Calls using Voice Recognition

Hi,

I have a F700 and a Sony-Ericsson W580i.

In order to make a call via voice activation do you need to have a voice command already associated to that particular contact on your phone too ?

That is my understanding, but it seems I'm not able to make it work.

Contacts seems to have transferred correctly from the phone to the f700.

Being not a native english speaker - with quite some accent - I wonder how much the VR algorithm is able to decode the voice command. Does anybody know if for a phone call the actual voice decoding/matching is performed by the f700 or the phone ? The phone seems to understand me correctly :) A bluetooth gadget I was using before the f700 was simply transferring via BT the voice command to the phone leaving to it the actual decoding/matching process.

I should also point out that commands to switch AV source for example works almost all the time. Also dialing numbers via voice works too.

Waiting for an Ipod to test that too.

--stoca

It reads what ever you set the contact name to.

So to call John Smith you would hit the button and say "Call John Smith"

How i understand it, the voice recognition is created by the Pioneer unit. I did not set any of the voice recognition commands on my cell phone but my Pioneer Unit automatically knows.

So yea basically just tell it to "Call" + what ever you named the person you want to call.

It reads what ever you set the contact name to.

So to call John Smith you would hit the button and say "Call John Smith"

How i understand it, the voice recognition is created by the Pioneer unit. I did not set any of the voice recognition commands on my cell phone but my Pioneer Unit automatically knows.

So yea basically just tell it to "Call" + what ever you named the person you want to call.

So you're saying you actually have voice dialing on your F-series? Do you know something I don't? I know it was advertised that voice-dialing would be an available feature, but I have yet to see any evidence of it in actuality. I'm wondering if voice dial only works with some phones, and not others. For instance, with my iPhone it doesn't recognize any spoken names.

I believe the iPhone and the BB Curve are the only phones that don't currently work. I would expect that list to expand as more phones are released though.

Of course it doesn't really matter if the person you're calling can't hear you anyway.