AVIC411.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed being able to control my iPod Touch through the AVIC so lastnight I finally caved and decided to downgrade my Touch from the 2.0 firmware back to 1.1.4. That process is a real PITA!!! For those that would like to have control of their Touch through the head unit again and have NO need for any of the new apps that require the 2.0 firmware here are two sites that I found with instructions on how to downgrade:

http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/uncategor ... ith-video/

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=46739

I will stay on 1.1.4 until either Pioneer puts out an update that works with the 2.0 firmware of the Touch or Apple releases another update that people confirm works with the F-Series. My fault for jumping on the new firmware the moment it came out... I will definitely wait for others to test and report first next time!

Yeah, I refuse to do that. The 2.0 update wasn't exactly free on the iPod touch. AND it works great. I love the apps. I will give it some time, not a lot but some time, and check back with Pioneer and even Apple (if Pioneer does nothing). Hopefully they can fix this really easy. I don't see why they can't but, everything does take a bit of time. Its a brand new unit and it is supposed to support the iPod Touch. So, I can wait a bit.

me too. I posted around here before I saw this area. I am assuming that Apple will issue an update for this. Wonder if any other radios (non-pioneer) have similar issues with the iPod Touch 2.0. :(

I have a Kenwood DNX-7120 using the Kenwood cable and IPod Touch 2.0.

Since I updated to 2.0 I can NOW play VIDEO, unlike the previous software (1.1.4) I had AUDIO only. Whatever Apple did in the 2.0 release has me very happy not only for the new aps but the ability to play video in my kenwood unit. I hope Pioneer/Apple can fix your issues.

Yeah, I refuse to do that. The 2.0 update wasn't exactly free on the iPod touch.

True... but the firmware is still sitting on my hard drive so I can always go back to 2.0 without any issues once either Pioneer or Apple fixes the problem.

Last night I tried using the same cord I use to charge the iTouch from any USB Connection and it still will not even charge, yet the iTouch charges and works fine in all the other computer and wall chargers I have. I would think the USB connection on the F700 would at least be standard when it comes to charging an USB device. I'm having a real hard time convincing myself this is only an Apple issue based on all the other problems I'm having with this unit.

maybe it has something to do with house current being AC 110v and car current being DC 12v.

I know, charging would be at least something at this point. the ability to play music still works if you change inputs to Video or EXT. So I can get by for the time being. But, I tend to forget to charge my iPod and when driving for about an hour each way from home to work. I usually end up killing the battery either going to work or coming home. :(

Which sucks.

My local Pioneeer dealer, Lott's Stereo in Santa Cruz, told me that since Apple's most recent iTunes update ALL makes of car stereos are screwed with the iPods. They are complaining to Apple and urging others to do the same...

Coincidentally, my apple classic took a dump...and the Apple store gave me a new one..and I'm NOT updating the software until it's fixed....this really sucks...but Apple gets on the ball if enough people complain.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I plugged my ipod touch in the front aux and i used for about 2 hours and the battery is still full (or very close to it) :D that's a lot of difference if you plug it in the usb aux i don't know why, well i gonna use like this until we get a fix from apple or pioneer for the ipod touch users.

• 2 weeks later...