AVIC411.com

Fix for 3g Iphone not charging

Has anyone tried out any of these newer adapters and gotten them to work? And why can we not seem to get a straight answer on here about wether or not the Scoche passport works with the AVIC-D3 or not. Some people seem to indicate that it does, but others say no.

If someone out there has gotten it to charge their iphone 3G or newer generation ipod, please let us know and tell us how you did it. I am not looking for video functionality, I just want the music playthrough ability and to keep my phone charged at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i understand about the Scoche is that it won't work with some of the iPod adapters you plug into the head unit it's not really the head unit its self causing the problem. this is from the Scoche website: "Notes:

- Not compatible with select Pioneer head-units that use the CD-iB100 or CD-i200 iPod to IP-Bus adapter." I have the 100 and it didn't work with me Z2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The scosche does not work with my D3.

The Ridax does not work with my D3. Ridax sent me 4 chargers, and none of them works. I tried it with 2 different D3s and 2 BMW oem cables. DOES NOT f+cking work!! Don't buy it!!!!

I also contacted Vaistech.com about their UPA5V and the pioneer CD-i200 cable. They said "We are not 100% sure it'll work."

The griffin does not work.

Our Charge Converter is not compatible with Pioneer head units that use the CD-iB100 or CD-i200 iPod to IP-Bus adapter. The Pioneer units send proprietary data as well as FireWire power. Although the cable will continue to pass the audio, iPods that charge via USB-only will not charge, remote commands may be limited, and the head unit may display an error message. iPods that charge via USB-only include the 4th generation iPod nano and 2nd generation iPod touch, as well as iPhone 3G.

Does the kensington really work with a D3?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the Kensington from here: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=K33368US&cm_mmc=GoogleProducts-_-Cables-_-iPodCables-_-K33368US&utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_medium=ShoppingSites&utm_campaign=K33368US. I used the coupon code "dealtaker" and got 10% off, ending up costing $18.79 shipped. Suppose to work on the D3. Will post results when I get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Confirmed - the Kensington 4 in 1 charger works on my DEH-P3000IB & iPhone 3GS.

I also bought a full cable on eBay and it did NOT work.

My $3 dock extension cord does not work with this setup, though it does work with my phone for syncing and charging with the computer.

• 1 month later...