AVIC411.com

nonono! in no way did i say the beep was cool. it sux and can quite possibly be used for some method of torture. wat i meant was sometimes the unit gets really slow and wont register your inputs. it wont beep when that happens. when it does beep you know it got the message and its working.

its jus a reassurance that the unit isnt frozen really.

CatchMeIfYouCan631 made a good point! You should have the beep turned on to alert you that the system hasn't frozen up.I have an Eclipse and I have my beeps turned on and it doesn't bother me.

If this is windows CE and it give you access to it when updating, why wouldn't you be able to find that sound file and delete it.... better yet just rename or move it to a different folder...

Now that's the kind of suggestion I was looking for!

Thanks thegeck! :)

(Though, like my last head unit, Pioneer should just let you turn the damn thing off) :roll:

Also, I thank everyone for weighing in but am finding it interesting that some people don't mind the unit beeping every friggin time you touch it, where others do. I'm obviously in the latter category. And I admit it annoys the crap out of me.

As I mentioned before, I've been designing touch screen interfaces for over 10 years. Button sounds were all the rage when people first started designing them "wouldn't it be cool if the computer made a sound when you touched a button?...Yeah!" Well after years of development it turns out people (usually) weary of them quickly. Took me only a month or two of debugging early prototypes...beep...beep...beep...and so on. Properly designed and coded touch screen programs should respond by doing what they're asked to do.

I ask everyone to consider, do we expect the other controls in our car to beep? Or the levers buttons and knobs on our home stereo? Or the "Back" button on your browser? I could go on but you get the point. We've been conditioned to think beeps on a touch screen are normal when actually they're a vestige of a failed experiment.

Obviously you can see I care about this

But to each his own. Again, I appreciate hearing from everyone.

Beep :wink:

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

apply the patch

oh sorry

I just finished installing the update on my 700bt and I can no longer turn the beep completely off. even with the master volume all the way off, I can still hear the beep. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah that is what I am experiencing. Now that they have reworked the beep and voices, I don't mind it as much as before. It's barely noticeable when playing music.

Franco